Upgrading Windows Home Edition to Windows Pro

irfman

Hi: is there any simple way to upgrade windows home edition to windows pro. thanks in anticipation.

Regards

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
user@nsaneforums

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

Yes look at my signature.

There is a procedure which describes how to upgrade from win10 home to pro easily.

2 minutes ago, irfman said:

is there any simple way to upgrade windows home edition to windows pro. thanks in anticipation.

Sure, you missed out to read this POST and also this POST

Regards

The main purpose for upgrading windows 10 home to windows 10 pro was to try the remote desktop feature available on my recently bought Samsung Smart TV. Notably, the remote connection from my Smart TV  to my brother's laptop (with pre-installed windows 10 pro) works perfectly fine but it doesn't work on my laptop even after upgrading the operating system to windows 10 pro. The remote settings on both the laptops are identical so wondering what could be the issue?

Appreciate your usual assistance. Thanks

18 minutes ago, irfman said:

but it doesn't work on my laptop even after upgrading the operating system to windows 10 pro. The remote settings on both the laptops are identical so wondering what could be the issue?

Make a Windows update, especially now the July update and watch to see if this solves your problem.

If it doesn't solve your problem, it means the structure of Windows 10 Home is the problem.

You may consider backing up your PC and make a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro or use a Windows 10 Pro ISO to make an in place installation as I showed you.

BUT, I normally prefer a fresh installation, where you have control of what you have

And if you have any problems, you know where to go, don't you? 😁

Regards

1 hour ago, irfman said:

The main purpose for upgrading windows 10 home to windows 10 pro was to try the remote desktop feature available on my recently bought Samsung Smart TV. Notably, the remote connection from my Smart TV  to my brother's laptop (with pre-installed windows 10 pro) works perfectly fine but it doesn't work on my laptop even after upgrading the operating system to windows 10 pro. The remote settings on both the laptops are identical so wondering what could be the issue?

Appreciate your usual assistance. Thanks

If you ever revert back to Home version, grab RDPWrapper from here:

https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap

Gives you RDP on Home OS.

• 4 weeks later...

to upgrade windows 10 home to any other sku like home to enterprise you can enter windows 10 enterprise gvlk and reboot for activation you can use kms_vl_all or hdwid google massgravel

Archived