Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
irfman

Upgrading Windows Home Edition to Windows Pro

Question

irfman

Hi: is there any simple way to upgrade windows home edition to windows pro. thanks in anticipation.

 

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
mehdibleu

Yes look at my signature.

There is a procedure which describes how to upgrade from win10 home to pro easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
cosy
2 minutes ago, irfman said:

is there any simple way to upgrade windows home edition to windows pro. thanks in anticipation.

 

Sure, you missed out to read this POST and also this POST

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
irfman

The main purpose for upgrading windows 10 home to windows 10 pro was to try the remote desktop feature available on my recently bought Samsung Smart TV. Notably, the remote connection from my Smart TV  to my brother's laptop (with pre-installed windows 10 pro) works perfectly fine but it doesn't work on my laptop even after upgrading the operating system to windows 10 pro. The remote settings on both the laptops are identical so wondering what could be the issue?

 

Appreciate your usual assistance. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
cosy
18 minutes ago, irfman said:

but it doesn't work on my laptop even after upgrading the operating system to windows 10 pro. The remote settings on both the laptops are identical so wondering what could be the issue?

 

Make a Windows update, especially now the July update and watch to see if this solves your problem.

If it doesn't solve your problem, it means the structure of Windows 10 Home is the problem.

You may consider backing up your PC and make a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro or use a Windows 10 Pro ISO to make an in place installation as I showed you.

BUT, I normally prefer a fresh installation, where you have control of what you have

And if you have any problems, you know where to go, don't you? 😁

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Dodel
1 hour ago, irfman said:

The main purpose for upgrading windows 10 home to windows 10 pro was to try the remote desktop feature available on my recently bought Samsung Smart TV. Notably, the remote connection from my Smart TV  to my brother's laptop (with pre-installed windows 10 pro) works perfectly fine but it doesn't work on my laptop even after upgrading the operating system to windows 10 pro. The remote settings on both the laptops are identical so wondering what could be the issue?

 

Appreciate your usual assistance. Thanks

 

If you ever revert back to Home version, grab RDPWrapper from here:

 

https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap

 

Gives you RDP on Home OS.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...