Gyro21

Dynamic Desktops for Windows

Question

Gyro21

Hello dear people :) Have you hear about Dynamic Desktops for Windows ?? It's a very nice program that changes your wallpaper each hour, like the Dynamic Wallpapers in macOS Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

As you can see here, there are a lot of very nice wallpaper packages, the main problem is they are paid :( I really want to find it but I couldn't have success until now :( 

https://github.com/t1m0thyj/WinDynamicDesktop

https://www.jetsoncreative.com/ddcatalog/complete-bundle-windd

If some of you know a place that I can find that amazing Complete Bundle, I'm very sure more than one will be happy :D There is the activated app in macOS but the Windows app is very hard to find

Maybe @dcs18 or @Astron can help me :) Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

Blazelanze
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2020 at 1:19 PM, Gyro21 said:

Hello dear people :) Have you hear about Dynamic Desktops for Windows ?? It's a very nice program that changes your wallpaper each hour, like the Dynamic Wallpapers in macOS Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

As you can see here, there are a lot of very nice wallpaper packages, the main problem is they are paid :( I really want to find it but I couldn't have success until now :( 

https://github.com/t1m0thyj/WinDynamicDesktop

https://www.jetsoncreative.com/ddcatalog/complete-bundle-windd

If some of you know a place that I can find that amazing Complete Bundle, I'm very sure more than one will be happy :D There is the activated app in macOS but the Windows app is very hard to find

Maybe @dcs18 or @Astron can help me :) Thanks in advance

Why not create your own custom Theme? It is not that difficult create one. I have already tested and created my custom theme.

How to create custom theme? Follow these step.

Spoiler

I have read their example Here, on how to create your own custom theme.

Here is the summary:

1. First of all, create a json file using(Sublime text editor or Notepad++ will do the job easy). For example "nature.json" in a directory called "Nature".

nature.json

2. Now let's put something in "Nature" directory like your own images such as: "nature_1.jpg, nature_2, ... etc"

nature_1.jpg,
    nature_2.jpg,
    nature_5.jpg

3. The magic of the "nature.json" file. Open it in your "Sublime/Notepad++", and add the line in the next spoiler to your liking:

Note:
    All text in "quotation" aside from "
    imageFilename", "imageCredit", "sunriseImageList", "dayImageList", "sunsetImageList","nightImageList".
    you can change according to your liking.

Remark:

imageFilename: This will display in Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper menu, when you import your theme.
    imageCredit: If you wanna share it to The internet.
    sunriseImageList: Your morning image file.
    dayImageList: Your high noon time image file.
    sunsetImageList: Your privacy time has arrive...
    nightImageList: Everybody loves Dark-mode...

Spoiler

{
      "imageFilename": "nature_*.jpg",
      "imageCredits": "LoveMe",
      "sunriseImageList": [
      ],
      "dayImageList": [
      ],
      "sunsetImageList": [
      ],
      "nightImageList": [
      ]
    }

What is 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 doing in there?
    Answer: It is your "nature_1.jpg to nature_5.jpg" images file, it just the json file here already short it out for you.
    If you like to share it the internet, just "Ctrl+A" and zip all of it to a *.zip format.

One more you can NOT zip "Nature" directory, it has to be bared. My English is not good, how do I put it into words?

Incorrect: "Nature.zip/Nature/nature.json,nature_1.jpg,nature_2.jpg,nature_....".

Correct: "Nature.zip/nature.json,nature_1.jpg,nature_2.jpg,nature_....".

Now you can import them to your Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper.

Regards.

Edited by Blazelanze
Correct some spelling mistakes.

Gyro21
12 hours ago, Blazelanze said:

Why not create your own custom Theme? It is not that difficult create one. I have already tested and created my custom theme.

How to create custom theme? Follow these step.

Reveal hidden contents

I have read their example Here, on how to create your own custom theme.

Here is the summary:

1. First of all, create a json file using(Sublime text editor or Notepad++ will do the job easy). For example "nature.json" in a directory called "Nature".

nature.json

2. Now let's put something in "Nature" directory like your own images such as: "nature_1.jpg, nature_2, ... etc"

nature_1.jpg,
    nature_2.jpg,
    nature_5.jpg

3. The magic of the "nature.json" file. Open it in your "Sublime/Notepad++", and add the line in the next spoiler to your liking:

Note:
    All text in "quotation" aside from "
    imageFilename", "imageCredit", "sunriseImageList", "dayImageList", "sunsetImageList",
    you can Change according to your liking.

Remark:

imageFilename: This will display in Desktop Dynamic Wallpaper menu, when your import your theme.
    imageCredit: If you wanna share it to The internet.
    sunriseImageList: Your morning image file.
    dayImageList: Your high noon time image file.
    sunsetImageList: Your privacy time has arrive...

Reveal hidden contents

{
      "imageFilename": "nature_*.jpg",
      "imageCredits": "LoveMe",
      "sunriseImageList": [
      ],
      "dayImageList": [
      ],
      "sunsetImageList": [
      ],
      "nightImageList": [
      ]
    }

What is 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 doing in there?
    Answer: It is your "nature_1.jpg to nature_5.jpg" images file, it just the json file here already short it out for you.
    If you like to share it the internet, just "Ctrl+A" and zip all of it to a *.zip format.

One more you can NOT zip "Nature" directory, it has to be bared. My English is not good, how do I put it into words?

Incorrect: "Nature.zip/Nature/nature.json,nature_1.jpg,nature_2.jpg,nature_....".

Correct: "Nature.zip/nature.json,nature_1.jpg,nature_2.jpg,nature_....".

Now you can import them to your Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper.

Regards.

Yeah, I knew about the Custom Theme. But I wish I could have the Complete Bundle. That package contains the 41 DDW Files of paid themes :)