FrontPage Software Discussion

TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar

Is there a link [or could there be] from News & Updates [for example] to this section? I find myself do a search to find the discussion thread. Am I missing something?

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Is there a link [or could there be] from News & Updates [for example] to this section? I find myself do a search to find the discussion thread. Am I missing something?

Yes there is. All Discussion Topics are mentioned on nsane.down topics, so whenever you visit nsane.down website you will see a new point called Discussion Topic on each software page that will lead everyone to here.

TheEmpathicEar
48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes there is. All Discussion Topics are mentioned on nsane.down topics, so whenever you visit nsane.down website you will see a new point called Discussion Topic on each software page that will lead everyone to here.

Yes. I have seen this. But, you need to discern which category the software is found under. I was referring to a direct link from a software entry under News & Updates. You see what I mean?

@Matt @TheEmpathicEar

The direct link for the 'discussion topic' is found for each software in the download page of nsane.down. I suppose that TheEmpathicEar is looking for a similar direct link in 'News & Updates' for the same software. 

For example, the download page of AnyDesk 6.0.5 on nsane.down (https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=375166737) has a direct 'discussion topic' link leading here. This direct link is not in the 'News & Updates' page introducing AnyDesk 6.0.5 (https://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/379728-anydesk-605/).

Hope it helps.

TheEmpathicEar
44 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

@Matt @TheEmpathicEar

The direct link for the 'discussion topic' is found for each software in the download page of nsane.down. I suppose that TheEmpathicEar is looking for a similar direct link in 'News & Updates' for the same software. 

For example, the download page of AnyDesk 6.0.5 on nsane.down (https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=375166737) has a direct 'discussion topic' link leading here. This direct link is not in the 'News & Updates' page introducing AnyDesk 6.0.5 (https://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/379728-anydesk-605/).

Hope it helps.

Yes. It was right there. "Discussion Topic".

• Administrator
8 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Yes. It was right there. "Discussion Topic".

I created another topic because this is the right place to talk about it.

@TheEmpathicEar you mean you want to see the "Discussion Topic" link on the forums. 

Example 

JeepWillys58
2 hours ago, Advertiser said:

fontpage.png

Dear friend @Matt

First of all, I hope everything is fine with you and your family and friends too...

I apologize in advance, but I didn't understand it ...

Why does this sub-forum have this title? Is it right? I had already noticed this the day the changes were announced, and I thought it was a basic typo and would be corrected. FontPage Software Questions? Wouldn't it be FrontPage Software Questions? Or did this sub-forum refer to questions about the software source code?

I got confused...  react_confused.png

Thanks in advanced for clarifying that.

Best Regards

@JeepWillys58

Please Read FrontPage Software Discussion Rules

Spoiler

You must follow the instructions below before you start a new post:

• Don't post the new changelog because the link is available or it was mentioned on nsane.down.
  • Don't post same links because the links are available on nsane.down.
  • Don't post useless posts such as "The changelog on nsane.down is for an older version". In this case if you see something wrong, use the report button instead posting useless posts in order staff members are able to fix the issue.
  • Requesting fixes are prohibit, and in order to know more about  how things are running in here read the Guidelines.
  • Posting special materials must be through ShareCode.
  • Don't repost same special materials if it's still working for the new software update.
  • Posting special materials must start with:
    • First sentence: Software name including the version. 
    • Second sentence: Changelog if it's available.
    • Third sentence:  The link/Links. Example here.
  • Recommended to use one of the sharing hosts mentioned here
  • Posting preactivated or portable version must follow above three points.
  • Don't start posting something was already posted before, and always use the search bar in order not to post duplicate posts.
  • If you have any kind questions, please use the questioner forum, and follow it rules mentioned there.

These New FrontPage Software Discussion threads are not for general chat or making requests.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 7:38 AM, Matt said:

@TheEmpathicEar you mean you want to see the "Discussion Topic" link on the forums. 

Example

Yes, This is exactly what we need. I'd also like to suggest that an additional link (which I think even better) is to be placed near the title of the topic in (News & Updates), so that the user can go directly to the discussion topic without having to open the topic in (News & Updates), as there is nothing there to read.

I think an option like this will be very helpful:

image.png

The post can get quoted to a new post in the FrontPage Software Questions automatically. This will save a lot of confusion and time.

This way there will also be link back to the relevant post in the Discussion topic.

Edit: maybe show if any questions have been asked? and a way to jump to those questions? just throwing suggestions around.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Sandman said:

Yes, This is exactly what we need. I'd also like to suggest that an additional link (which I think even better) is to be placed near the title of the topic in (News & Updates), so that the user can go directly to the discussion topic without having to open the topic in (News & Updates), as there is nothing there to read.

9 hours ago, shamu726 said:

I think an option like this will be very helpful:

image.png

The post can get quoted to a new post in the FrontPage Software Questions automatically. This will save a lot of confusion and time.

This way there will also be link back to the relevant post in the Discussion topic.

Edit: maybe show if any questions have been asked? and a way to jump to jump to those questions? just throwing suggestions around.

Good suggestions I will see what I can do here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Maskill said:

K-Lite Codec Pack v15.7.7 Update is incorrect.

Correct Download Links:

http://files2.codecguide.com/klcp_update_1577_20201006.exe

or

https://files3.codecguide.com/klcp_update_1577_20201006.exe

Sorry if i'm posting the information in the wrong place.

Yes you are posting at the wrong place because staff members don't read topics nor posts about any issue with any topic. You must use the report button all the time in order to inform the staff about any issue because the report button is the only channel that has immediate connection between the members and staff. 

mmmm.. i'm read the news rules and i have a question...  from main site i have download the actual version of bluestacks.... it's say "Discuss here" reported to this thread:

But this thread.. according to this new rules it's right now closed. It's all correct or exist another ways to to try exchange opinions with other users?

*EDIT*

maybe if a new version and a new thread will open in the section "Software Update" it's this things possible ??

• Administrator
On 10/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, DjDiabolik said:

maybe if a new version and a new thread will open in the section "Software Update" it's this things possible ??

Nope because this is a FrontPage software list, and can't be posted anywhere else. Soon we will be back as usual. 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:53 PM, Matt said:

Nope because this is a FrontPage software list, and can't be posted anywhere else. Soon we will be back as usual. 

ooohh yes ;)

Archived