Wuhan lab that researches Covid-19 will not be visited by WHO investigators looking into origin of virus

dufus

A coronavirus research lab in Wuhan, the Chinese city where Covid-19 first emerged, will not be visited by World Health Organisation investigators looking into the origins of the pandemic.

WHO is sending a mission to Wuhan, in Hubei province, but has said investigators will be there only to “advance the understanding of animal hosts for Covid-19 and ascertain how the disease jumped between animals and humans”. ⁠

The statement appears to rule out a visit to the Wuhan Institute of Virology and suggests the body has already discounted the possibility the virus may have been cooked up or modified in the lab.

Bosses at WHO have also declined to provide details of places its investigators will inspect or the people they will meet ⁠— however, it is understood Chinese authorities will monitor and limit all movements.

It had previously emerged the lab had held a coronavirus sample that was 96.2 per cent the same as Covid-19 for almost a decade. This prompted speculation about the origin of the virus, despite scientists overwhelmingly believing the genetic code of the virus suggests it mutated naturally.

Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University in New Jersey, said: “To have any value, an investigation must address the possibility the virus entered humans through a laboratory accident.”

He added WHO should also consider if the virus’s ability to infect humans was “enhanced through laboratory manipulation”.

source

• Replies 11
  • Views 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is totally  ridiculous

If the WHO is going and doing its work properly, they should leave no stone unturned to clear up this human tragedy.

They should go in there and tell us the truth.

They ought to be allowed in, why not?

Seems like someone here wants the "lab" story confirmed at all costs... 

Wasn't this route dealt with already? Still no "believers" out there?

Oh... but then again there are still "believers" in the virus as a hoax... so...

Can't the band start taking responsibilities for their own actions and stop pointing fingers elsewhere?

I mean... U're in the shit and it doesn't matter who made the shit at this point... U just need to avoid (too late... u've been warned , but u chose not to "believe") or get out of the shit asap.

Right now, u're just crying and are full of shit! No one should "believe" u...

You have got this completely wrong and out of context, my dear.

It is not a matter of confirming anything at whatever costs, it is a principle to know how and why

You are mixing two theories in one as far as I read your comment.

If one wants to look at the causes and cure, one should know what caused this and that is the crux of the matter.

No one is pointing a finger at anyone, but one  would like to take precautions that such a thing shouldn't happen anywhere on this mother Planet.

No theories, because that doesn't help anyone now, we are all in it, in one way or the other, so how do we stop this in the future?

That is what we call science.and education

That is the point here.

WHO is sending a mission to Wuhan, in Hubei province, but has said investigators will be there only to “advance the understanding of animal hosts for Covid-19 and ascertain how the disease jumped between animals and humans”. ⁠

This can be done through experiments in a lab. No point going to Wuhan 'to inspect and to meet people'.

It's not like there will be any proof laying around there if indeed that's the source.

This is just "breaking news" / distraction and fuel for the "blame throwers".

Let's say the "lab story" is the source... What's the next move? I guess some kind of bomb should take care of all the fuss...

Let's let someone push that red button he's aching for... It won't fix anything, but it'll make some kid happy. Yep... let's make it happen...

We'll just swim in the shit... It can't be stopped anyway. That's until the good vaccine comes out...

I guess it'll be an expensive one and some firm will make some fortune...

16 hours ago, cosy said:

You have got this completely wrong and out of context, my dear.

It is not a matter of confirming anything at whatever costs, it is a principle to know how and why

You are mixing two theories in one as far as I read your comment.

If one wants to look at the causes and cure, one should know what caused this and that is the crux of the matter.

No one is pointing a finger at anyone, but one  would like to take precautions that such a thing shouldn't happen anywhere on this mother Planet.

No theories, because that doesn't help anyone now, we are all in it, in one way or the other, so how do we stop this in the future?

That is what we call science.and education

That is the point here.

Nothing to see here citizen.  Move along.   Nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, tennis said:

Nothing to see here citizen.  Move along.   Nothing to see here.

HAHAHAHA

we call this admission, there is something one has to hide

Why wouldn't one allow others to have a look in there then?

Nevertheless, I'm not making any accusations to anyone on this, but I'm trying to be objective

Akaneharuka

WHO already get bought out China .They can make WHO said anything their want and do anything their want WHO to do.

That why I never trust any WHO news again.

23 hours ago, cosy said:

HAHAHAHA

we call this admission, there is something one has to hide

Why wouldn't one allow others to have a look in there then?

Nevertheless, I'm not making any accusations to anyone on this, but I'm trying to be objective

Agree, wholeheartedly.  There is an idiom...Leave no stone unturned.   That old saying fits this situation, this post, nicely, but only to a degree.   In this case, there is a rock, more like a big boulder in the field, that would be hard to overlook, to a reasonable person.  That boulder is begging for some attention.  You can imagine it has it's hand raised saying...."Hey, hey, over here.  Pick me me.  Turn me over.  There's something under me.  Come look.  Come see."  But, somehow the WHO gives this boulder the cold shoulder.

I know.  Nonsensical, I suppose.  What was I thinking?

Archived