Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home Edition

irfman

Hi:

I am not sure if this is the most appropriate section for this question so please forgive me if it is not. I need to know if there is a way to enable remote desktop on Windows 10 Home Edition. I recently bought a smart tv which allows remote access to laptop/pc but my windows doesn't support this option so how to circumvent this problem. Any help in the matter will be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, irfman said:

Hi:

I am not sure if this is the most appropriate section for this question so please forgive me if it is not. I need to know if there is a way to enable remote desktop on Windows 10 Home Edition. I recently bought a smart tv which allows remote access to laptop/pc but my windows doesn't support this option so how to circumvent this problem. Any help in the matter will be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Grab RDP Wrapper

https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap

After installation, type Remote Desktop, should be listed.

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you simply upgrade to win10 pro through a license key to be able to benefic from the "remote desktop" option as it is availble in win 10 pro edition ?

8 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

Why don't you simply upgrade to win10 pro through a license key to be able to benefic from the "remote desktop" option as it is availble in win 10 pro edition ?

thanks bro, giving it a try right now. regards

No problem, just follow the istructions i described in the link through my signature and the upgrade should succeed.

If it does not work, just let me know and i will help you as sometimes the upgrade fails for some readon when it comes to machines with win10 home preinstalled (OEM:-DM)

Archived