I am struggling on which AV to use

Nemesis

ive used nod 32 for over a year now myself and i tried kav recently and noticed disk scan takes alot longer then nod32 not importent but thought id share

• Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its only the 1st time the scan takes place that it takes a long time, then KAV constructs a database and scans only the objects that modified til last scan, so it lasts cosiderably short ;)

Fr.jack hackett

Free to use, then AVG every day of the week. Never let me down as far as I could see in two years of use :)

I was using the last version of NOD32 :sneaky: , I have actually paid good money for a licence for the current NOD I have no intentions to change for the forseable future unless the licence becomes overly pricey (which it isnt at the mo).

I hear good things about Kaspersky from friends who's opinions I respect however I keep the NOD end up as best I can ( please! not Norton/Maccaf etc :frusty: ). between these two, as others have pointed out is largely a matter of preference if you have confidence in either of these two you wont go wrong.

Now does anybody have a wetware patch for ffing Norton...............

Thunder-GOLD

Norton???

Man why you will kill your OS? Don't install it. Norton is like a virus but with admin rights :sneaky:.

Long time ago I tested NORTON. It was a nightmare. I said: I won't install Norton ever :lol:

Fr.jack hackett

Norton???

Man why you will kill your OS? Don't install it. Norton is like a virus but with admin rights :sneaky:.

Long time ago I tested NORTON. It was a nightmare. I said: I won't install Norton ever :lol:

Thunder, I was refering to the touching faith some of the outside world has in Norton, as in "well I've got norton" [ therefore im bombproof and never have to update it ever ever ever again!'] mind set ;)

Archived