Mozilla Firefox Browser 78.0

T3rM1nat0Rr3

T3rM1nat0Rr3

Firefox Browser is the latest web browser developed by the Mozilla Foundation, it is powered by the Servo web browser layout engine and the incredibly fast and smooth Photon UI. Firefox Browser is over twice as fast as the old Gecko powered Firefox, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from Mozilla's advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and let you do what you do best: surf a ton of pages, open a zillion tabs, all guilt free because Firefox Browser uses less memory than the competition. Your computer will thank you.

Thanks to zoran for the update.

Download

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zanderthunder

1. Mozilla Firefox v78.0 en-US Repack by @BALTAGY

Alongside the browser's release notes, plus:

• Set homepage to Google.com
  • Always ask you where to download files
  • HTTP login warning message disabled
  • Extension recommendations disabled
  • Features recommendations disabled
  • What's New icon disabled
  • Firefox default browser agent disabled
  • Command line switches: Auto install with Progress Only "/SILENT" Or Completely Silent "/VERYSILENT"
    Example: "Mozilla Firefox 32Bit Repack.exe" /VERYSILENT /Tasks=Desktopicon

Download:

Spoiler

32-bit version:
Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode: /files/0JYUAO9D/Mozilla_Firefox_v78.0_32Bit_Repack.zip_links

64-bit version:
Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode: /files/0KVNI86I/Mozilla_Firefox_v78.0_64Bit_Repack.zip_links

2. Portable Mozilla Firefox 78.0 32-64 bit Multilingual by PortableAppz

To use, enter version number: either 78.0 for non-ESR release or 78.0esr for ESR release.
Then, select your platform (32 bit and/or 64bit) and preferred language.

Download:

Spoiler

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/7319422/Firefox_Portable_MultiVersion_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

3. Mozilla Firefox 78.0 ESR

Download:

Still can't live update yet. According to site my 77.0.1 is still up to date.. This happened a while ago too, about 6 or 7  updates back, just wouldn't live update so I downloaded the installer and simply unpacked it and copied over the top of existing version (of course with usual backups etc just in case) - same result as usual live update, no problems. It's about the third or fourth time this has happened in the past year or so...

InsaneAl

zanderthunder
3 hours ago, InsaneAl said:

Still can't live update yet. According to site my 77.0.1 is still up to date.. This happened a while ago too, about 6 or 7  updates back, just wouldn't live update so I downloaded the installer and simply unpacked it and copied over the top of existing version (of course with usual backups etc just in case) - same result as usual live update, no problems. It's about the third or fourth time this has happened in the past year or so...

InsaneAl

Normally, Mozilla will release the installers to their FTP server first. So it will take couple of days for the new installers to be pushed to all users, including the main download page.

3 hours ago, InsaneAl said:

InsaneAl

Same here but most likely it's due to release date based on region.  Usually have to wait few days after general release to get the live update.

Analysis Firefox 78.0 is unstable and has potential problems,
Firefox 78.01 has appeared...

12 minutes ago, qkwxx said:

Analysis Firefox 78.0 is unstable and has potential problems,
Firefox 78.01 has appeared...

Any link/source for this info?

Was looking for an external source 😉

When checking FF site and its ftp, both were referring to the 78.0, thus asking.

Might have missed it but techdows article does not link to the app either.

Thanks zanderthunder and DLord. I managed to update this morning. Normally I find out a new update is ready either from in here or by checking for it myself,, and usually I am probably a day or so later than it was released. Anyway, it updated this morning and as mp68terr quoted - it is actually it is 78.0.1 now, so I am heading over there to get the installer(s)..

Cheers/thanks

InsaneAl

Archived