Anyone got problems with Malwarebytes on Windows 2004

Error0101

Hi all,

Seems like Malwarebytes latest stable version makes my Windows 10 2004 keeps freezing and laggy. Even I can't normally shutdown or restart the machine, sometimes I must shutdown by holding the power button. My friend installed Windows 10 2004 without Malwarebytes not facing any issues on his machine

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Error0101 said:

Malwarebytes latest stable version makes my Windows 10 2004

It is Definitely not the Malwarebytes Issue, check for any hardware issue (driver, IRQ related) in Control Panel and also Windows image issue using DISM

https://imgur.com/g5vjP

HTH

Did you check with Ransomware protection disabled just for checking as described in some of the answers.

2 minutes ago, kyber said:

Did you check with Ransomware protection disabled just for checking as described in some of the answers.

I'm doing that and testing how going on?

Removed it a long time ago ............its much tooo bloated , ridiculous in bytes ...............and finds nothing, never ! B)

I have had issues with a ransomware protection in previous build of windows as well. I keep it off. I have kaspersky internet security with full protection on and malware bytes with ransomware protection off.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

As kyber has mentioned, lots of people are having issues with MWB, not just on v2004, i'm still on 1909 and i've had a couple of BSOD with the latest BETA, turning off WebProtection has so far stopped further BSOD's 

On 6/14/2020 at 2:46 AM, Pete 12 said:

Removed it a long time ago ............its much tooo bloated , ridiculous in bytes ...............and finds nothing, never ! B)

I agree. Some people like to fix things until they're broken.

It's completely unnecessary. Just a resource hog for no benefit.

Stick with Windows Defender.

I had same problems. I read on some other formum that some drivers can gave these problem especially Nvida drivers.

Uninstalled Nvida and now problems are over. All is working fine now. Hope this helps.

MWB has just been updated

Malwarebytes Beta community,

We want to let you know there is a new Malwarebytes quick Beta version 4.1.2.73 component update 1.0.967

As usual, if you are signed up in our Beta program, please go ahead and retrieve the update manually by clicking "Check for updates" under Application Updates in Settings > General. 

Issues addressed:

•   Fixed: Expert System Setting not persisting

•   Fixed: Block penetration testing attacks Setting not persisting

-Erix

• 3 weeks later...

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257102-malwarebytes-41/?do=findComment&comment=1393497

This update does not address yet:

• MB4 causes severe system performance issues with Windows 10 v2004 We are working around the clock to provide a hot fix to our Users affected by this problem

I'm not gonna install MWB4 on a 2004 system yet until they fix this specific problem

Archived