Where is my 11GB ISO WinRAR extract?

info999

so I double-clicked a 11 GB iso file in WinRAR and I don't know where it extracted to, 11 GB of my HDD gone. Help !

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Open the ISO with WinRAR.

Click the "Extract To" button.

Check the Destination Path at the top of the dialogue box for the extraction location. Look there?

info999...I use a great wee portable called "Everything" which is great for finding "lost" files etc on your system.

I have experienced the same thing as you...extracted a RAR and it went somewhere I didn't want. I found it 

immediately with "Everything" because you can apply filters for the search and eliminate and narrow down the list.:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Hi, if you didn't mess with the settings within WinRAR (Options => Settings => separator Paths => Folder for temporary files = C:\Windows\Temp\) that's where you'll find your ISO in a folder called Rar$ +anything.

Did it a while ago and found my ISO @ C:\Windows\Temp\Rar$DIa1012.2690 but as soon as I closed WinRAR that (TEMP) folder disappear 

Hope it will help.

Cheers,

Doesn't anyone really realize so far that this is some kind of nonsense post because WinRAR will never open any file when double clicked or how many times You want click, there's no matter.
After two clicks, the contents of the folder will be opened and only after selecting "Extract To ..."  (like Karlston already said) will the .rar, .zip, .iso,... or any other file be opened in the specified folder. Can't search for what doesn't exist.

Capture_WinRAR.thumb.JPG.0dca3e6fc54d4b5e34f117b4f51f9e01.JPG

Archived