Read out admin passwords

Roman Schwegler

Roman Schwegler

hi Guys
I am looking for a program with which I can read out admin passwords it should not be reset automatically.
Can anyone help me here?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coromonadalix

You have some already built  windows pe  customized disks with admin passwords crack(s)   i think this question poses some ethical issues even if its your own computer

Roman Schwegler

No, the PC is from my son and I want access because I don't know what things are looking at the Internet.
I get access via various programs that can delete the admin password, that is well known.

4 hours ago, Roman Schwegler said:

No, the PC is from my son and I want access because I don't know what things are looking at the Internet.
I get access via various programs that can delete the admin password, that is well known.

The answer is short and simple. Windows 7 was the last where was possible to see passwords. In later versions it is encrypted and hidden.

If you really want, you can find hashes, but they are also hidden.
If you're an administrator, you can delete and change passwords, but not see them.

Hello,

You can find the SAM file containing the hashes in the folder "%System32%\config\SAM", but you can't read it or perform other operations from Windows as it is used by the system all the time. You will need to use another operating system from an external storage device (USB stick, Live CD) to access it.

Then, I think you have to use software to extract hashes from the password, then crack them with the brute-force method or a predefined word dictionary, all with specialized software or Kali Linux, for example. There are a lot of tutorials available for this, but in any case, it all depends on the complexity of the password; it could take you a long time if the password is about ten characters long and contains special characters.

EDIT: By the way, you can simply set a new password without using such methods, but again, this is possible using another operating system; you have to rename a Windows system file to cmd.exe and then set a new password in the command prompt opened as Administrator.

This is much simpler and takes only a few tens of minutes.

Regards

On 6/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, Tux 528 said:

it could take you a long time if the password is about ten characters long and contains special characters

If I may explain a bit further, for example let's say a password 10 characters long, with 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character:

Brute-force attack cracking time estimate

Machine Time
Standard Desktop PC About 208 thousand years
Fast Desktop PC About 52 thousand years
GPU About 21 thousand years
Fast GPU About 10 thousand years
Parallel GPUs About 87 years
Medium size botnet About 6 days

@Roman Schwegler

If you know how to use WindowsPE then you can use Sergeistrelec's winPE.

you will get all you want in it.

there is a program "PC Unlocker" with which you can bypass local account password for all windows without resetting password.

Archived