List of Sites to Download Linux

HandyPAF

I thought I'd make a list of websites where you can download Linux ISO images for various distributions. I've never had much experience with Linux so I've been trying to test out a few of the countless distros that are out there.

If you know of any additional sites that should be added, please reply to this topic.

• Replies 2
  • Views 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do torrents there is

linuxtracker.org

All the bigger Linux Distros host there own ISOs  .Smaller ones use sourceforge  and github .

What are you doing bro distro hoping  ? I I hope yo find the one you like best , I just go to my distro's homepage and download it but I use Linux  Ive had the same  the same image  since April  2018 , I use LTS and hardly ever upgrade . I stop distro  hoping  3 years ago :lmao:

2 hours ago, steven36 said:

If you do torrents there is

linuxtracker.org

All the bigger Linux Distros host there own ISOs  .Smaller ones use sourceforge  and github .

What are you doing bro distro hoping  ? I I hope yo find the one you like best , I just go to my distro's homepage and download it but I use Linux  Ive had the same  the same image  since April  2018 , I use LTS and hardly ever upgrade . I stop distro  hoping  3 years ago :lmao:

Well I've never really dabbled with Linux. There was a couple of weeks in high school when we learned about Ubuntu and used it a little, but it was more exploratory than educational. Our teacher just wanted us to know that Linux existed because if we continued to pursue our CCNA Certification we would be required to have familiarity with Linux. That was over 15 years ago, though. I'm currently teaching myself about it because I have no idea what LTS or Gnome or any of those other Linux-specific terms mean.

There was one Linux distro I tried but I can't remember the name. It didn't resemble Windows or Mac. The interface was sort of Android-ish in the sense that you downloaded and installed programs much the same way you do on your phone via the Play Store. The OS has a directory of programs such as VLC, Firefox, etc. and they installed like an Android app does. I can't remember the name and I don't think it's still developed because I've looked at many lists of Linux distros and none of the names rang a bell.

I am not distro-hopping just yet. As I said, I have to educate myself first. I am not the type to just dive in without the instructions and figure things out as I go.

Archived