Top Mistakes Made By BitTorrent Users That Lead to Lawsuits & DMCA Notices

zanderthunder

I have been using torrent for years in my home country, yet no issues at all. Now using VPN for certain torrent downloads.

Plus, DMCA doesn't apply to my country either, and jurisdiction limitations making it harder to prosecute people for torrenting.

Posted (edited)

Easy solution that works for me - I use an old Android phone (no SIM) with a 64GB microSD card running zetaTorrent (the best client imho) which I load up with torrents from Pirate Tor Browser, and then simply wander down to the local winebar / cafe / supermarket / mall with free WiFi and download while I'm shopping etc. Works perfectly and is completely untraceable. No VPN needed!

Edited by wolfie

I use an large rotating list of VPN locations, an regularly updated IP filter list and forced encryption.

Not had a ISP letter or email yet. 

• Like 1

I  been downloading  movies and tv shows form torrents and filelockers  sine 2010 . I mostly  only  get software from filelockers every since i join forums  in 2006 before that i download software and music from KaZaA Lite  And iMesh MOD by DR.DamN  . also they was a few crack sites with direct links in the early 2000s. Movies were impossible for rural areas like i live in back in the 2000s it was not tell like 2010 we got  DSL  here. I did not start using a VPN  tell  2011  and i never got a notice  before them i started using a vpn  but i mostly just torrent  in the cloud  and let  the website take the risk. But most stuff I can find on filelockers so I don't even bother grabbing   a torrent unless  its something I can't find and I have a vpn for years now. I use to do private torrent sites before I got a vpn  but now I don't even bother . they nothing worth downloading but old stuff  out anymore  and most of that don't have seeds  your more likely to find it  on filelockers .  I never  got a  notice but i hardly ever use software  to torrent even though i have deluge  . torrent addons in kodi and streimo  i dont relly like streaming i like downloading my movies  and watching them in smplayer no internet needed.

• Like 2
On 6/7/2020 at 8:23 AM, Mach1 said:

Using a VPN is all well and good when the user understands how they work, sets them up properly, and remains cautious about their limitations

One limitation is some sites block them  Google Captcha becomes really annoying you do a lot of then in a row they slow them down were you have do them 2 times and and if you keep doing them they will block your ip i get around it adding just google to TOR and changing exits   if they slow Google Captcha i just change tor ips , also some sites block tor and vpns i get around it by just adding those site to a proxy i have that configured in a addon i use in Waterfox . :clap:

• Like 2