Torrent Trackers

HandyPAF

When you download a torrent, it includes a list of trackers. I am merely speculating, but it makes sense that if I added more trackers to a torrent, it would have a better chance of downloading and probably at faster speeds as well. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about that.

Anyway, I am posting to inquire if anyone has a "default" trackers addlist that they use to add to their torrents for the purposes I stated above.

@HandyPAF In addition to trackers list of peers are also exchanged via DTH (distributed hash tables), uTP (uTorrent Transport Protocol) also known as Micro Transport Protocol , PeX (Peer Exchange), LPD (Local Peer Discovery) protocols. Torrent downloads that rely solely on these protocols are often referred to as "trackerless torrents". There function is to find peers who are downloading the same files, but without communicating with a central BitTorrent tracker.

We can enable these options in our torrent client in addition to adding trackers to improve the health of a torrent. Torrent download and upload speeds can improve a lot. But while using a torrent client with these options enabled one should use a VPN to hide ones real IP address. Most of private trackers have these options disabled by default, but that is an other story as they rely only on one central tracker and adding other trackers is also prohibited.

Actually these protocols are making torrents independent of a central server (tracker) to facilitate download and upload between peers. They are a step towards making torrents more resilient and immune to tracker dependence. Just like magnet links which removed the dependence on torrent files. 

Edited by AlienGuy

@WindowsAddict What about if we upload and add the maximum required tracker list? There is a technique that someone first download torrent and then he or some bot is uploading to other trackers - so you already have their announce and you are already uploading to them too. You do not need to redownload from others to merge. Am I right?
And please @WindowsAddict can you specify the most useful trackers in list if you know some trackers of the particular benefit. I need to integrate these trackers by default in our torrent clients. :think:

Edited by BTJB

WindowsAddict

@BTJB A tracker work is only to connect peers in a swarm, it doesn't take part in downloading and uploading files itself.  Only adding the tracker in torrent is required to be a active peer in that swarm. 

Purpose of more than one trackers is only for backup when server goes offline, not that it will increase the speed. Rutracker usually have only 1-2 tracker in a torrent, and they have the one of the most healthiest public torrents.

Same thing can be done with DHT alone, but AFAIK, early fetching of peers is slow in it compared to with trackers but once you are connected, both produce the same result. 

A healthy peer may have DHT disabled or tracker disabled in a torrent, hence having both things (DHT and trackers) on produce the best results.

Also as I've mentioned, other peers must be active on that tracker in that specific sworm,  otherwise, adding a tracker will not increase health.

You can find best trackers list in second post in this thread. 

Check these post for detailed info,

http://rutracker.wiki/Что_такое_BitTorrent_(БитТоррент)

http://rutracker.wiki/Bittorrent/Термины

OK, as I understand, in tracker announce field is good to add only required trackers where I am uploading. Right?
What about rutracker - when you download the torrent file it generate the address which is not registered here. The question: when you create a torrent file is it enough to add these unique generated addresses without need to download already uploaded torrent? Let me know please @WindowsAddict .

WindowsAddict
13 hours ago, BTJB said:

OK, as I understand, in tracker announce field is good to add only required trackers where I am uploading. Right?
What about rutracker - when you download the torrent file it generate the address which is not registered here. The question: when you create a torrent file is it enough to add these unique generated addresses without need to download already uploaded torrent? Let me know please @WindowsAddict .

I don't quite understand the question very much but here is some info. If you are a uploader and trying to distribute your torrent then make sure that you distribute the torrent with trackers added, you can add the tracker any time (torrent upload/download doesn't make difference) but the important thing is that your peers also must have the tracker added for best connection in swarm. 

Rutracker have two trackers in most of the torrents, both seems to be dead, one is dead for sure though, anyway they are working fine on the DHT.

BTW I played with torrents for a while when kickasstorrent forum was up, (before the raid). 

On 6/5/2020 at 2:15 AM, BTJB said:

@WindowsAddict What about if we upload and add the maximum required tracker list? There is a technique that someone first download torrent and then he or some bot is uploading to other trackers - so you already have their announce and you are already uploading to them too. You do not need to redownload from others to merge. Am I right?
And please @WindowsAddict can you specify the most useful trackers in list if you know some trackers of the particular benefit. I need to integrate these trackers by default in our torrent clients. :think:

If you are an uploader you may upload your torrent to maximum public torrent indexes such as piratebay, 1733x, rarbg, nyaa, limetorrents, zooqle etc.  these indxes will improve your torrent reach so that it will have a better health and survival time. If you are a mere downloader, adding trackers won't improve the health of a torrent you are downloading, though you may try to download the same torrent from multiple torrent sites so that active trackers for that torrent may get updated.

So, @AlienGuy the plan is to reduce the trackers list. Any suggestion by you? Show me the final list selection by your choice. :) 

1 hour ago, BTJB said:

What is the current URL for RARBG?  It was https://rarbg.to/ but it is blocked for all the world! So I find it should be now https://proxyrarbg.org/ Is it kind of hosting mask or official domain? :rolleyes:

The current official address of RARBG is:

Edited by AlienGuy

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, BTJB said:

The first one is blocked for the whole world! As I said before.

The second rarbg2020.org = proxyrarbg.org

The first one i.e. https://rarbg.to/ is still working on my end. Try connecting your VPN to Netherlands location, also working via Czech Republic, Vietnam and many more.

Edited by AlienGuy

1 hour ago, BTJB said:

So, @AlienGuy the plan is to reduce the trackers list. Any suggestion by you? Show me the final list selection by your choice. :) 

Here the final list of most stable torrent trackers of my choice:

Spoiler

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce

udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce

udp://tracker.internetwarriors.net:1337/announce

udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce

udp://tracker.cyberia.is:6969/announce

udp://p4p.arenabg.com:1337/announce

udp://tracker.tiny-vps.com:6969/announce

udp://exodus.desync.com:6969/announce

udp://9.rarbg.com:2750/announce

41 minutes ago, AlienGuy said:

Reveal hidden contents

The first one i.e. https://rarbg.to/ is still working on my end.

Try connecting your VPN to Netherlands location, also working via Czech Republic, Vietnam and many more.

No. I tried Netherlands and it does not work. Maybe my ISP block this with filter no matter of VPN!
Here is the full list of all mirrors. It have about 8 URL addresses. :tooth: Also there is a map with countries block.

Edited by BTJB

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2020 at 3:38 PM, AlienGuy said:

@HandyPAF In addition to trackers list of peers are also exchanged via DTH (distributed hash tables), uTP (uTorrent Transport Protocol) also known as Micro Transport Protocol , PeX (Peer Exchange), LPD (Local Peer Discovery) protocols. Torrent downloads that rely solely on these protocols are often referred to as "trackerless torrents". There function is to find peers who are downloading the same files, but without communicating with a central BitTorrent tracker.

We can enable these options in our torrent client in addition to adding trackers to improve the health of a torrent. Torrent download and upload speeds can improve a lot. But while using a torrent client with these options enabled one should use a VPN to hide ones real IP address. Most of private trackers have these options disabled by default, but that is an other story as they rely only on one central tracker and adding other trackers is also prohibited.

Actually these protocols are making torrents independent of a central server (tracker) to facilitate download and upload between peers. They are a step towards making torrents more resilient and immune to tracker dependence. Just like magnet links which removed the dependence on torrent files. 

Can you kindly guide how can we do the same in utorrent application to increase the download speed

On 6/6/2020 at 6:58 PM, AlienGuy said:

Here the final list of most stable torrent trackers of my choice:

Reveal hidden contents

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce

udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce

udp://tracker.internetwarriors.net:1337/announce

udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce

udp://tracker.cyberia.is:6969/announce

udp://p4p.arenabg.com:1337/announce

udp://tracker.tiny-vps.com:6969/announce

udp://exodus.desync.com:6969/announce

udp://9.rarbg.com:2750/announce

I have never seen such good download speed in my utorrent after adding these trackers

2 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

I have never seen such good download speed in my utorrent after adding these trackers

So after adding the trackers I suggested your torrent download speeds improved? The trackers I suggested are the most stable out there, they will definitely improve the health of a torrent concerned. If you are the original uploader  of a torrent, adding these trackers will help even more. 

1 minute ago, AlienGuy said:

So after adding the trackers I suggested your torrent download speeds improved? The trackers I suggested are the most stable out there, they will definitely improve the health of a torrent concerned. If you are the original uploader  of a torrent, adding these trackers will help even more. 

yes it improved quite good

Can you recommend any particuar settings for utorrent to increase the download speed and any method to add these trackers automatically to every torrent file

19 minutes ago, ashish1989 said:

yes it improved quite good

Can you recommend any particuar settings for utorrent to increase the download speed and any method to add these trackers automatically to every torrent file

If you are an uploader you can add these trackers as default when you create a torrent, you may create a text file of these trackers for ready reference and paste them when needed while creating a torrent. If you are a mere downloader  you will have to add these trackers to each and every torrent you download separately by Clicking on the torrent you are downloading when it is already added to your torrent client => Trackers => Right click on a tracker already added => Add Tracker => And paste the trackers desired in the box provided and click OK

111.png

4 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

Can you kindly guide how can we do the same in utorrent application to increase the download speed

You can enable these options:

In uTorrent Go to: Options => Preferences => BitTorrent, Under BitTorrent Features, Tick the relevant options => Apply => OK 

22.png

Edited by AlienGuy

On 7/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, ashish1989 said:

and any method to add these trackers automatically to every torrent file