win 10 update 2004 - mapped disks problem

djeno

dear friends,
I have a big problem since windows 10 was updated to version 2004 !!!
mapped disks with nasdeluxe servers do not work on most computers. on the older version of windows 1909 and windows 7 everything works without problems.
as soon as the computer restarts the red x is through the dicks.
I need to log off the disk in windows explorer for a long time (a minute).
abbreviations of shared discs on nasdeluxe work normally.
please help
thanks a lot

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@djeno If You upgrade using Windows updating system and if you chose to keep Your files and settings and apps, then after the upgrading is usually needed to reinstal, reset or re-register some apps and services. Also is needed to update some drivers and clean registry and remove absolete content.
Sometimes even it all doesn't help.
If to speak about 2004, then in most cases is need to do full new clean installing. Only in very primitive systems is possible upgrade with keeping previos system settings, apps and files.
If You don't do clean install then usually You'll see different errors, it's because 2004 doesn't have many mandatory apps and settings, what all previos versions had. If You don't remove them, Windows will look for them, and if can't find, gives error message or freezes at all.

not 2004 but the latest version of windows 10 - 2004 (an update was done a few days ago). most of this problem occurs on hp and fujitsu machines. It bothers me that some computers work normally with the same mapped disks and some do not, after restarting the computer it loses the mapped disks - the red ones do not have access to them. The abbreviations of these shared server folders work normally.

12 minutes ago, djeno said:

not 2004 but the latest version of windows 10 - 2004 (an update was done a few days ago). most of this problem occurs on hp and fujitsu machines. It bothers me that some computers work normally with the same mapped disks and some do not, after restarting the computer it loses the mapped disks - the red ones do not have access to them. The abbreviations of these shared server folders work normally.

Sorry to bother you. 
I realized (ie I thought, understood) you wanted help, but it looks like I was wrong.
I'm sorry. Excuse my mistake.

2Old2Remember
4 hours ago, djeno said:

try remapping the disks. I think storage sense was changed, so that might affect some systems.

I've tried a few times and it always happens the same, as soon as the computer restarts the disks turn red and I can't approach them anymore.

Archived