Microsoft is notifying users if Windows 10 May 2020 Update is blocked on their systems

zanderthunder

zanderthunder

1589115291_w10may2020update_story.jpg

Earlier this week, Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2020 Update to all supported Windows 10 users. The update comes with new features and improvements for Windows 10 users.

While Microsoft released the first 20H1 Insider build almost 15 months ago, the update still has some known bugs. Microsoft has catalogued these bugs on its known issues page and has blocked the update on the affected devices. Earlier it was hard to know if a particular system has been blocked since Windows Updates used to show a vague "You're up to date" message. Now, Microsoft has made a small change to the Windows Update page. If a system is blocked due to a known issue, the user will see the following message on the update page:

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.

1590914312_1590902299_windows_10_may_2020_update_story.jpg

The new change offers more transparency and lets the user know that the system is currently not compatible with the update. Furthermore, it also ensures that users don't circumvent the block using an ISO which may cause system instability due to unsupported hardware.

Microsoft recently published the release information pages for Windows 10 May 2020 Update. The release information pages provide updated information about the known and resolved issues. If the May 2020 Update is blocked on your system, you will see a 'Learn More' button which will take you to the known issues page for May 2020 Update.

Source: Microsoft is notifying users if Windows 10 May 2020 Update is blocked on their systems (via Neowin)

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always use the Media Creation Tool or the Upgrade Assistent still...............:coolwink:

Snuffy1942

Not recommended to use if your system is not COMPATIBLE,  several i know tried and WHAT A F** mess they have now...

so unless you are very TECHY   leave it alone.

System not compatible with the update. What about the update not being compatible with the system?

Before the Upgrade Assistent starts , it will test your compatibility first , if all is fine it will continue............:coolwink:

3 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Before the Upgrade Assistent starts , it will test your compatibility first , if all is fine it will continue............:coolwink:

I have spare slow Dell 3542 laptop, it has seen many weird issues before after normal cumulative updates, HDD is new and no weird programs. I opened upgrade assistant and it shows I have no comptability issues, so I decided to go ahead and when it finally restarts and continues the upgrade, then after 100% it reverts back to previous Windows. Tried it yesterday and today, still nothing written in the Settings Update page or in the Upgrade Assistant, that my system is not compatible.

I also had the 'your device not ready' notice. I went through the upgrade assistant, and 30 minutes later I had:

image.thumb.png.ed87d51de4ea140bec84e12d6d0dd949.png

This was on my laptop Asus Viviobook Pro Model# N580VD

That was 48hrs ago. No issues as of now.

" No issues as of now. "............eventlog clean also ??

No " ESENT id=642 "..........??

btw; you can only say this for sure , if you have a clean eventwiewer.................!!    :coolwink: 

Archived