w 10 update issues

penitenziagite

penitenziagite

Updated w 10 to version 2004. Now the task bar is white, so is notifications. The point is I can't change the color. It's dimmed.

Anotação 2020-05-29 081132.png

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, penitenziagite said:

Now the task bar is white, so is notifications.

Updated two laptops to 2004. Older one got also blonde taskbar. First I thought this was problem but then I changed it dark using 'Colors' settings. Maybe you should roll up settings and then select the default Windows mode 'dark'. Test it, you can always go back.

Update also removed Trend Micro Titanium 2011 as incompatible. That was nice! 🤣

Very nice updates, no problems at all! 😁

Fast upgrade this time ..........only one annoying warning in eventlog ;  ESENT id=642

My eventlog is running full with this warning , anyone faced the same id=642 , or has an idea to solve the problem ??

Appreciate some help .....!

Im sure there are much more people with this "ESET id=642 ", so how to handle it.........?

Not much support from this forum .......rolled back to good "old" 1909 , with a clean eventlog ......

Build 2004 not yet ready, but you should check your graphic card driver! Use DDU Uninstall then try fresh gpu driver

7 hours ago, penitenziagite said:

Updated w 10 to version 2004. Now the task bar is white, so is notifications. The point is I can't change the color. It's dimmed.

Anotação 2020-05-29 081132.png

Open an command prompt and run sfc /scannow, see what gives on the reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 9:55 AM, Pete 12 said:

Fast upgrade this time ..........only one annoying warning in eventlog ;  ESENT id=642

My eventlog is running full with this warning , anyone faced the same id=642 , or has an idea to solve the problem ??

Im sure there are much more people with this "ESET id=642 ", so how to handle it.........?

Not much support from this forum .......rolled back to good "old" 1909 , with a clean eventlog ......

Was going to roll back also for same reason but it then said I would have to re install some apps and programs; did you have to do that as well and how many. thanks

10 minutes ago, csmdew said:

Was going to roll back also for same reason but it then said I would have to re install some apps and programs; did you have to do that as well and how many. thanks

Always make a solid backup first ( Macrium !) , before you jump in the upgrade !

Thats what I did , upgrading costed me a whole day , with settings , drivers, software , etc

Rolling back , with my backup , took 3 minutes only...............

Went finally back to 2004 , there are some bugs still , not worth for rolling back again , will see........................:whistle:

On 5/29/2020 at 6:55 AM, Pete 12 said:

esent errors persist in v2004 - no fix from MS yet

other people from ten forums also encounter it, including me sometimes (though I think I haven't mentioned my encounter there with esent errors yet)

leapinlizards

i tried windows 2004. 19041.264 for fun.

i think I will stick with LTSC.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, penitenziagite said:

It is not possible to keep the previous version of apps and settings if the new version is very different from the existing one. 
Versions 1903 (or 1909) and 2004 are very different and there are not possible to preserve apps or settings. The version 2004 has at all different preinstalled default apps and they have also different settings, so You can preserve only Your files. New clean install is mandatory if You want that after installing version 2004 it works without problems.

I made/gave you this recommendation some time ago.
Then one a copy-paste writer thought I was a buggy because AskWoody hadn't said that yet. OK, I'm a buggy, but now you can see for yourself what happens, because unfortunately, Windows doesn't know I'm a buggy.

And this is not the only problem that awaits you. The problems are just beginning. And Windows is in no way to blame.
Windows 10 19041.264 works absolutely normally.

If you want to cause yourself problems, you can continue, it's Your choice.

And let me be buggy.

PS. One article here stated that with Optane memory Windows 10 2004 does not work. Strange, it works for me. I don't understand why.

Archived