How to trust the "crack files posted here on NSane?

Mydriaze

Hello everyone,

First of all, I don't want to sound rude or offense anyone. I know that if i'm not happy, I can still buy some software (and I do, to be honest: adobe, office, dashlane, pro software etc...) But sometimes, you just need software for 5 min, not more.
I was just asking myself "how" to recognize or know if I can trust the file i'm donwloading.

I was about to download a crack for bulk Image downloader (here, on nsane). Then I uploaded the file into virus total online. Results were in red: everything was considered as trojan. Or false positive, I know.

That's exactly why i ask myself how to be able to trsut the file I'm about to download.

Serious question here, i'm just curious to know.

Have a nice day :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mydriaze said:

Hello everyone,

First of all, I don't want to sound rude or offense anyone. I know that if i'm not happy, I can still buy some software (and I do, to be honest: adobe, office, dashlane, pro software etc...) But sometimes, you just need software for 5 min, not more.
I was just asking myself "how" to recognize or know if I can trust the file i'm donwloading.

I was about to download a crack for bulk Image downloader (here, on nsane). Then I uploaded the file into virus total online. Results were in red: everything was considered as trojan. Or false positive, I know.

That's exactly why i ask myself how to be able to trsut the file I'm about to download.

I believe the majority of cracks will show up on Virus Total on many or some antiviruses on the list.

I've used many meds here on Nsane and never had a problem.

I did however go to another site and clicked on something (that I should have avoided) and I got

a problem and had to restore my system to a previous image.....but that was my fault.

A lot of guys on here use Sandboxie and they recommend it as a secure way to test run cracked

programs to ensure there are no harmful effects on the system.

I tried Sandboxie...but I got confused by it lol....says a lot about my level!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

If neither VM nor sandboxie fits, shadow defender is another solution to try the not-trusted file.

Edit: or simply wait a while, if a problem occurs someone will post about it.

3 hours ago, Mydriaze said:

Others have given you practical advice - VMs, Sandboxie, VirusTotal, HitmanPro, other scanners. The only thing I can add is... this is why we have places like Nsane. You can "get" just about anything on the internet, no questions asked, and no guarantees. But with places like Nsane, you can actually count on most people to use, test, and try to make sure the thing is safe before posting. Even if something falls through, there are many experts here that usually catch it.

That's quite rare, and exists only in a handful of forums on the sunny side of the net. Over time you'll get to know some of the more prolific names. Some of them are here on Nsane. Others have their own websites/presence on other forums, and only get their content reposted here. You'll pick up on a lot as tome goes by.

• 2 weeks later...

I came here for something many years ago when the orignal NSane site was up and vener left and have trusted everyone here so. Ill just say thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

They are called medicine! 😆

If you have been on nsane for a while then you know there are members you can trust and use their medicine without any second thoughts.

Archived