Copying from PC to Phone Stops w/o warning

TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar

Samsung Galaxy A51 and 256 GB Micro SD Card. Salesman installed the SD card into the phone and formatted using Format under Device Care>Storage>SD Card. I have tried twice to transfer my music collection to the SD Card via USB C connection. It's about 110 GB. I used Windows Explorer [which has worked before for this] to do the transfer. It just stops after about 34.9 GB have been transferred. Trying to copy the rest after this fails too. No informational message comes up. I formatted the SD Card again and tried the transfer again, it stops at exactly the same place.

• Replies 2
  • Views 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEmpathicEar

• Dodel

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this,

1 - Copy some the files to your phone internal storage.

2 - Move them to your SD card using the file manager on your phone.

3 - Keep doing so, if writing from your phone storage to the SD card fails, take the SD card out clean and re-insert, then go to step 1

If it still fails, format the SD card via the phone, repeat 1 - 3.

If sill failing, possibly corrupt sd card, as you don't specify how long you've had that SD card.

TheEmpathicEar
3 hours ago, Dodel said:

Try this,

1 - Copy some the files to your phone internal storage.

2 - Move them to your SD card using the file manager on your phone.

3 - Keep doing so, if writing from your phone storage to the SD card fails, take the SD card out clean and re-insert, then go to step 1

If it still fails, format the SD card via the phone, repeat 1 - 3.

If sill failing, possibly corrupt sd card, as you don't specify how long you've had that SD card.

I started to figure this out by skipping this folder: "Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons" and moving on the next folder until the copying finished successfully. Next, I was able to copy the track(s) before and after the following:

This track: "11 - Medley; Workin' My Way Back To You, Will You Still Love Me (Tomorrow), Opus 17 (Don't You Worry 'Bout Me), I've Got You Under My .mp3" is the only track in the folder that would not copy. Does Android has a file limit - a certain number of characters? I just bought this Micro SD Card yesterday and thought maybe I needed to replace it. But, is there something about that file name this is the real issue here? I also ran CHKDSK on the source drive - a SSD in my desktop - that turned out OK.

EDIT: Tired and confused. I forgot. I copied the above file to the internal storage successfully. I was able to copy it from there to the SD Card. Why was it not possible to copy it from my PC to the SD Card directly? [There is this permission issue when copying from internal storage to and SD Card, but that's not a factor when copying from PC?]

Edited by TheEmpathicEar