Synchronizing Music to Phone

TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar

I have been using Foobar with the iPod Manager plug-in to synchronize music with my iPod Classic for years. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy A51 with 128 GB of storage. I want to try synchronizing my music with my phone. I am not sure that Foobar is still going to be the best way to do this? Any ideas? In the past, I remember AIMP and MediaMonkey. I am not that sure that either of these is the best these days?

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEmpathicEar

• Alanon

• hbk4ever

18 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I have been using Foobar with the iPod Manager plug-in to synchronize music with my iPod Classic for years. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy A51 with 128 GB of storage. I want to try synchronizing my music with my phone. I am not sure that Foobar is still going to be the best way to do this? Any ideas? In the past, I remember AIMP and MediaMonkey. I am not that sure that either of these is the best these days?

What do you mean exactly by synchronising?

TheEmpathicEar
12 minutes ago, Alanon said:

What do you mean exactly by synchronising?

For example: I have my music collection on a data drive in my PC. I have been managing that with Foobar. And, with the iPod Manager plug-in I can synchronize the music to my iPod. I like this because I have a backup essentially in both directions.

I want to do something similar with my phone is place of my iPod.

EDIT: Many, many years ago I synchronized my music to various MP3 players via Windows Media Player until I bought a MS Zune MP3 player and was forced to use the Zune software. I mentioned two software in the OP because we have regular updates for both of them. The assumption is that we have many members here at Nsane that are synchronizing music from a PC to phone

Edited by TheEmpathicEar

3 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

For example: I have my music collection on a data drive in my PC. I have been managing that with Foobar. And, with the iPod Manager plug-in I can synchronize the music to my iPod. I like this because I have a backup essentially in both directions.

I want to do something similar with my phone is place of my iPod.

Ah, ok. When I last looked into that, foobar2000 on Android didn't have that option. There are players that can do library management, like doubletwist, MediaMonkey and MusicBee. I don't like these solutions, as they also require you to use or fiddle with their desktop players, which is usually a drag.

I believe Google Play Music can upload up to 20k tracks for free and stream them/ sync them/ do things with them on your device, but that requires making a free account and again, forces you to use the app.

TheEmpathicEar
6 minutes ago, Alanon said:

Ah, ok. When I last looked into that, foobar2000 on Android didn't have that option. There are players that can do library management, like doubletwist, MediaMonkey and MusicBee. I don't like these solutions, as they also require you to use or fiddle with their desktop players, which is usually a drag.

I believe Google Play Music can upload up to 20k tracks for free and stream them/ sync them/ do things with them on your device, but that requires making a free account and again, forces you to use the app.

I did not realize that Foobar was available on Android. What function does this not have specifically?

2 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I did not realize that Foobar was available on Android. What function does this not have specifically?

Well, it basically got stuck in alpha/beta hell, as best I can see. Which is a bit egregious, given the fact it was crowdfunded, and plenty was promised. Have a look.

There's nothing to it, still. Sure, there's gapless playback, replaygain, and DSP settings, but the interface sucks, theming sucks, there are no plugins, and no cross-device sync, only UPnP server download.

TheEmpathicEar
6 minutes ago, Alanon said:

Well, it basically got stuck in alpha/beta hell, as best I can see. Which is a bit egregious, given the fact it was crowdfunded, and plenty was promised. Have a look.

There's nothing to it, still. Sure, there's gapless playback, replaygain, and DSP settings, but the interface sucks, theming sucks, there are no plugins, and no cross-device sync, only UPnP server download.

Hmm, it seems to be updated to present day. But, as you say, no stated functions beyond playback. Too bad.