Disappearing Icons

freeforever03

freeforever03

I have an interesting problem with my desktop computer (Windows 10 v1803 32 bits). When I download a file, either from the internet or from my mail client, the icons on my screen disappear (ie. control panel, disk drives, program shortcuts, etc.). Interestingly enough, if I move the courser over to where the icon was, it reappears. I currently have 2 monitors and it only happens on the left screen. My monitors are driven by an NVIDIA 1050i. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Views 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @freeforever03!

To solve this problem, you can try to rebuild the Windows icon cache by following the manipulations of these web pages: Link 1 | Link 2

However, the behavior you describe is more like a system problem. Therefore, you can try to run a check and repair of Windows system files and component stores. Here is an official Microsoft Support help page that may help you with these manipulations: Link

I hope it will help you solve this icon problem.

Have a nice day! :hi:
Best regards

Marcus Thunder
1 hour ago, Tux 528 said:

However, the behavior you describe is more like a system problem. Therefore, you can try to run a check and repair of Windows system files and component stores

Try to use 1 monitor first and see if the problem persists. If it persists then it is a system problem, if not then try to fiddle with display settings / upgrade video card drivers / search for apps for managing multi-monitors.

13 hours ago, Marcus Thunder said:

Try to use 1 monitor first and see if the problem persists. If it persists then it is a system problem, if not then try to fiddle with display settings / upgrade video card drivers / search for apps for managing multi-monitors.

HAHAHAHAHA I really love your Profile Picture and your Signature :lmao:

tumblr_pz5r37749H1wrh2j3o6_250.gifv

Archived