Display issue

Betts1964

I use windows 10 pro v 1909 on my desktop and the brightness is very low and I would like to make it brighter but I have tried various places to find the correct setting without any luck. I have tried control panel and

Go into “Control Panel” search and select “Power Options”

1. Click the “Change plan settings” link next to whichever plan you are currently using and then click “Change advanced power settings”.
  2. In this new window click “Display” to open up the listings under it.
  3. Now locate and click each of the following…”Display brightness”, “Dimmed display brightness” and “Enable adaptive brightness”.
  4. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the “Apply” button and finally the “OK” button.

Not working.

tried clicking on system tray, all settings gear, system, advanced display settings...nothing there to change.

I tried updating my display driver and that didnt work.

Any other ideas to try guys?

Thx

• Replies 3
  • Views 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desktops don't have Windows brightness settings, those options are only for laptops. You either need to change the brightness on your monitor or in your GPU's control panel.

40 minutes ago, spudboy said:

Desktops don't have Windows brightness settings, those options are only for laptops. You either need to change the brightness on your monitor or in your GPU's control panel.

That was it. Stupid me didnt even think of that. That's what happens when u use laptop 98% of the time. LOL   :)

Archived