win10 home to pro

Betts1964

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Betts1964 said:

What is an easy way to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro without losing data and keeping it activated?

Open Command prompt (Admin)

Copy & paste this.

Good luck!

Spoiler

cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /rilc
cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /upk >nul 2>&1
cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ckms >nul 2>&1
cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /cpky >nul 2>&1
cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
sc config LicenseManager start= auto & net start LicenseManager
sc config wuauserv start= auto & net start wuauserv
clipup -v -o -altto c:\
echo
exit
exit

Then use this key to activate Windows 10 Pro

Encrypted key

Spoiler

o3gSSxxjBWNOHxcb+uElXx1STc4Mw1mt3Nq8cdQFZB4=

If you don't know how to do it, send me your Teamviewer.

@mehdibleu

Think twice (and thoroughly) before you give members your advice.

In some cases, you cannot just add a Windows 10 product key to convert Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. (from my experience when using Teamviewer to help members)

It doesn't work. Therefore, the best way is to use command prompt and wait for the device to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

Edit: If someone buys a new laptop with Windows 10 Home preactivated, I dare you  successfully to convert it to Windows 10 Pro just by adding a Windows 10 Pro product key!

13 minutes ago, jollydan said:

@mehdibleu

Think twice (and thoroughly) before you give members your advice.

In some cases, you cannot just add a Windows 10 product key to convert Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. (from my experience when using Teamviewer to help members)

It doesn't work. Therefore, the best way is to use command prompt and wait for the device to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

It works. i've already done it multiple times and helped members by pm to do it so i can confirm this method works. i wouldn't have posted it here otherwise.

As i said MS decided to change the upgrade to needed win10 editions by making the upgrade happened only through a win10 working key.

The method you mentionned was working for old win10 editions as i was using it myself multiple times but now MS decided to make things easier with recent win10 editions concerning the upgrade as i mentionned above.

You need to read and test what members mention before making a useless comment which adds nothing to the understanding.

coromonadalix

yep   converted pro to workstation with the right serial,  digitally activated in my case

no need for the command prompt commands anymore

Ifketak Khan
9 hours ago, mehdibleu said:

It works. i've already done it multiple times and helped members by pm to do it so i can confirm this method works. i wouldn't have posted it here otherwise.

As i said MS decided to change the upgrade to needed win10 editions by making the upgrade happened only through a win10 working key.

The method you mentionned was working for old win10 editions as i was using it myself multiple times but now MS decided to make things easier with recent win10 editions concerning the upgrade as i mentionned above.

You need to read and test what members mention before making a useless comment which adds nothing to the understanding.

It works for sure, I have done at least more than 10 times. Win10 home just entered Pro keys, it took restart and upgraded.

But in one case, after upgrade, did not activated. I had to change the key, that's it.

Mustang Sally

For me, I just used a pro ISO, ran setup from explorer, it updated to pro and then I used the digital license tool to repair the activation.

Archived