Popup message

Betts1964

I use an extension that uses developer mode in chrome browser. Every day when I click on google i get the following error:

image.png.4e18b8dee671be2943274993115c8e94.png

It only happens the every time I boot my PC but after that it will not occur. Is there away to prevent this from popping up without interfering with the extension. I use windows 10 home version and the methods mentioned on the web to disable it that I have tried are not working. Is there a simple way to disable this popup from appearing?

Thx

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello @Betts1964!

Have you tried disabling and enabling this mode and see if that solves the problem? By the way, what extension do you use with developer mode? It is possible that Google Chrome may restrict the use of this add-on for various security reasons...

Best regards

Like I said, the methods on the web arent working especially for the home version of windows 10.

Anyone?

Oh, excuse me... :blush2: But, what is the name of the extension you use with the developer mode? This will allow me to know what it offers and why it should be used with this mode...

Best regards

34 minutes ago, Tux 528 said:

Oh, excuse me... :blush2: But, what is the name of the extension you use with the developer mode? This will allow me to know what it offers and why it should be used with this mode...

Best regards

I will say what it does...it allows you to read newpapers that you need to pay for.

The extension is on GitHub, so it's pretty safe to assume it's not loaded with malware - someone would have noticed by now. It does come unpacked, so the reason why it has to be ran in developer mode is because that's the only way to load unpacked extensions. The question is why the browser insists on displaying such notifications.

C.G.B. Spender

The extension is https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome (no idea why you don't want to say its name, it's a legitimate piece of open source code)

In the description of the extension it says:

Every time you open Chrome it may warn you about running extensions in developer mode, just click 🗙 to keep the extension enabled.

I think if there was a way it would be mentioned on the extension's page.

Archived