SSD Problem

HFSniper

Maybe someone is here and can help.
Have an SSD that cannot be initialized and cannot be mapped, neither by Microsoft
still from MiniTool Partition and Easepartition Master
Everything was unsuccessful.
Someone have an idea thank you

sshot-2020-04-05-[08-15-05].jpg

test.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would try chkdsk and see if it has a problem. with minipart you then should also be able to give a drive letter.

try to convert to gpt drive and see if this helps.

in windows otherwise you can use acronis true image and use under tools add drive choose gpt and not mbr

Check event viewer (eventvwr.msc) system log for errors with a source type of "DISK" for Disk errors and read those.  Verify the mountpoints of the disks.

Most MS Filesystems (NTFS, Fat32) will write a CRC32 Checksum code at the cluster-level.  Meaning, you have 512 or 4096 byte sectors that are given LBA addresses, and chunks of LBA addresses are grouped into a cluster (which is always a multiple of 8).  The Master file Table's file object header references the first cluster to a file, then the data of that cluster at the end, the next cluster is references and so on until you reach the end of the chain.  Each cluster in the chain has a CRC32 value.  NTFS doesn't actually have CRC32 values for the file stored anywhere due to duplicate filestream support (mostly for backups).  You can validate cluster integrity but not file integrity. 

If you are getting CRC errors which appears to be the case, hardware failure is likely.

What I would do is check th System log for DISK events with Cyclic redundancy or controller errors; one error is sufficient to determine a disk as no good, doesn't matter if its a SSD, Flash Drive, HDD, Floppy, or optical media, those events mean the media is toast.

If you require further confirmation, I would reccomend using CrystalDiskInfo to pull SMART data from the disk and see what the failed sector count is.  If you cannot pull SMART data, the controller is hosed and if you can find a suitable replacement SSD, swapping chips over with a soldering iron might recover data.  If you need the data, I'd either start with Disk2VHD or a similar imaging utility to capture all of the data so you can snapshot it and present it to a data recovery app.  NTFSGetDataBack has been my favorite for years.

Good Luck.

Archived