Nordvpn question

Betts1964

When using this vpn lately, has anyone been able to connect to any country at all and it connects successfully? If yes, what country are you using coz everyone i try it never connects and it doesnt matter what time of day i try. Any help fixing this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thx

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not NordVPN user just now but I'm sure it works like Japanese clock. 💯Something must be wrong at your end. Couple things to check:
- reinstall/repair NordVPN app
- disable NordVPN kill switch
- check that firewall enables NordVPN traffic
- flush dns
- try to change protocol to TCP (UDP is default)
- contact support

• 2 months later...
Quasar_9000
On 6/6/2020 at 2:05 AM, Quasar_9000 said:

Here are the steps I took to get it working:

1.  Uninstall all NORDVPN software; then reboot computer.

2.  Setup IKEv2 using these instructions:  https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Windows/1047410092/How-to-connect-to-NordVPN-with-IKEv2-IPSec-on-Windows-10.htm

I was able to replicate the issue after doing a clean install of Win10, and applying all security updates.

The following step(s) seems to work for me; but still doing some extensive testing.

Please let me know if these instructions have helped or not. 

Thanks.

1.  Reset TCP/IP stack and "WAN Miniports" in Device-Manager

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 6:54 AM, Betts1964 said:

When using this vpn lately, has anyone been able to connect to any country at all and it connects successfully? If yes, what country are you using coz everyone i try it never connects and it doesnt matter what time of day i try. Any help fixing this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thx

Are you still using NordVPN?

The company claimed to be based in some Latin American country, like Panama when I bought a year's subscription a few months back. However its payment processing center is in the USA.

Avoid VPN vendors that don't accept cash and/or cryptocurrency, are based in the Five Eyes+14 countries or have payment processing centers in those countries, do keep logs or put a cap on the bandwidth that you use per month, etc.

Archived