Torrents

Betts1964

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you elaborate what is the problem with torrents?

If you say that torrent sites got a lot of DMCA that explains they become less usable.

There are many public trackers which might fill your needs.

torrentfreak.com/top-10-most-popular-torrent-sites-of-2020-200105/

49 minutes ago, zigzag said:

If you say that torrent sites got a lot of DMCA that explains they become less usable.

The mother of all torrent sites viz. thepiratebay.org is down for more than a fortnight now. what happened to that awesome site?Any news?

59 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Which ones a person could get content from.... as some of those in that link dont work. I am looking for sites that will have s/w, movies, tv shows, games and what not.

@duddy

I dig these links with my google search.

thepiratebay.wiki

pirates-forum.org/misc.php?page=tpbstatus

TPB tor: piratebayztemzmv.onion

reddit.com/r/thepiratebay/comments/fmkerc/something_wrong_with_thepiratebay/

@Betts1964

Fitgirl Repacks for games, but their game installers super slow because of compression.

rarbg, 1337x good for other categories.

4 minutes ago, spudboy said:

Public trackers are complete  garbage. Pirate Bay is/was garbage. You need an invite to someplace like IPT.

Sorry but what is IPT plz?

8 minutes ago, zigzag said:

@duddy

I dig these links with my google search.

thepiratebay.wiki

pirates-forum.org/misc.php?page=tpbstatus

TPB tor: piratebayztemzmv.onion

reddit.com/r/thepiratebay/comments/fmkerc/something_wrong_with_thepiratebay/

@Betts1964

Fitgirl Repacks for games, but their game installers super slow because of compression.

rarbg, 1337x good for other categories.

I am looking for windows games of strat-0-matic, APBA sports that have the pro games of baseball, football or hockey which I doubt any of you ever heard of. I am not looking for video games of today's world.

for rare games your best bet are private trackers

reddit.com/r/trackers/wiki/reading

IPT is a private general tracker. reddit community has bad opinion about them.

(spelling corrected)

2 minutes ago, zigzag said:

IPT is a private general tracker. reddit community has bad option about them. 

Reddit community has a bad opinion about EVERYTHING. Regardless, the games you are looking for are not available at IPT and are probably not available ANYhere via torrent. The reason being, no one has cracked them and they probably never will.

1 hour ago, duddy said:

The mother of all torrent sites viz. thepiratebay.org is down for more than a fortnight now. what happened to that awesome site?Any news?

Mother of all?  LMAO.  It's a pile of shit and always has been.  It's only seen as a good source in past or in present by total torrent newbies or by users who haven't really tried other sites or discovered private trackers.

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

IPT is a private general tracker. reddit community has bad opinion about them.

(spelling corrected)

They're imbeciles.  Not even going to bother reading it.  I have been using torrents and private trackers for 17 years.  Tried many, many trackers as well as been uploader on some.  IPT is one of the best archives available.

Yes, I agree @GRiM. Of late, TPB has become a shit with tons of malware embedded in the files. My comment was in a little different context though. Torrenting started with the advent of TPB on the horizon.

On 3/25/2020 at 4:50 PM, zigzag said:

So are there any working torrents as of mar 28 2020 the carries various subjects? If yes, which ones do u use?

TIA

These are on public torrents but i don't care much about sport games.

APBA_Hockey-SYNDICATE

Apba Baseball Deluxe (1996)(Miller Associates)

APBA Major League Players Baseball- Master Edition v1.5 (1992)(Miller Associates)

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

These are on public torrents but i don't care much about sport games.

APBA_Hockey-SYNDICATE

Apba Baseball Deluxe (1996)(Miller Associates)

APBA Major League Players Baseball- Master Edition v1.5 (1992)(Miller Associates)

I didnt want to start a new thread so now I am wondering which public torrent sites ppl use now for any subject not those games. Thx for that though. 

:)

• Administrator

This is good. Not available in all countries though.

Always look for seeds. The higher the seeds, the higher chances of being a good torrent there.

The current trend is streaming sites with file hosters. Sadly the links dmcaed pretty quickly but the hydra multiples.

You don't have to seed when you use file hosters. This alone a big incentive. Most people enjoy content without being others servant.

If someone torrenting they do it for good will. They do it without demanding anything back. If they complain then they are not sincere with themselves. They shouldn't seed torrents if they feel disappointment.

On 3/25/2020 at 4:47 PM, spudboy said:

Public trackers are complete  garbage. Pirate Bay is/was garbage. You need an invite to someplace like IPT.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:21 PM, GRiM said:

Mother of all?  LMAO.  It's a pile of shit and always has been.  It's only seen as a good source in past or in present by total torrent newbies or by users who haven't really tried other sites or discovered private trackers.

They're imbeciles.  Not even going to bother reading it.  I have been using torrents and private trackers for 17 years.  Tried many, many trackers as well as been uploader on some.  IPT is one of the best archives available.

How could I get an invite to IPT?

I've been thinking about this, and my only conclusion is that we all really need to start self-archiving. Invest in external storage, or cloud backup storage, and start backing up this content. Sooner or later torrents will dry up and either become walled-off gardens of private trackers that rarely let new members in, or they'll all become illegal and shut down. (Relatively) cheap and easy to use streaming services are making an impression too, but they've squeezed out much of the variety from our viewing and listening experiences.

There's already much less variety of content on torrent sites out there than there was a few years ago. If you happen to like niche stuff, like older movies or shows that aren't blockbusters (just pick anything from the late eighties), or God forbid, if you want anything above YIFY release quality, then you're in for a nasty surprise, and it's only going to get worse. Much of the stuff I was downloading and deleting willy-nilly two years ago is now gone forever and I can't find it any longer.

To answer OP's question, nowadays I search torrents using torrentz2.eu, though as I said, the variety is ever shrinking. Another good option are Russian trackers, knowing the language helps. Ru-tracker is probably the most iconic open option out there.

5 hours ago, Alanon said:

I've been thinking about this, and my only conclusion is that we all really need to start self-archiving. Invest in external storage, or cloud backup storage, and start backing up this content. Sooner or later torrents will dry up and either become walled-off gardens of private trackers that rarely let new members in, or they'll all become illegal and shut down. (Relatively) cheap and easy to use streaming services are making an impression too, but they've squeezed out much of the variety from our viewing and listening experiences.

There's already much less variety of content on torrent sites out there than there was a few years ago. If you happen to like niche stuff, like older movies or shows that aren't blockbusters (just pick anything from the late eighties), or God forbid, if you want anything above YIFY release quality, then you're in for a nasty surprise, and it's only going to get worse. Much of the stuff I was downloading and deleting willy-nilly two years ago is now gone forever and I can't find it any longer.

To answer OP's question, nowadays I search torrents using torrentz2.eu, though as I said, the variety is ever shrinking. Another good option are Russian trackers, knowing the language helps. Ru-tracker is probably the most iconic open option out there.

I've been doing exactly this since before using Torrents.    Been using them for 17 years without any problems.  You should never rely on Public trackers.  Get yourself home storage and setup a Plex server and also get yourself into a decent private tracker.

All of the issues you mentioned are a result of you using shit trackers and your shit choice in trackers.  It has nothing to do with trackers in general.    Decent private trackers/seeding pools like IPT have a huge archive with releases from all years, not just recent ones like you seem to think.  I regularly grab releases from many years ago without issue.

Get into a highly rated private tracker and you will feel like Dorothy stepping out into munchkin land with everything in colour.

On 4/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, frankl1n said:

How could I get an invite to IPT?

From a friend who is also a member.

Another option is to donate for an invite.

Archived