Internet Speed in the age of Coronvirus

TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar

[Do we already a thread on this? And, where should this thread be?] I am just wondering if folks are noticing slower downloads in particular? I had a download that was maxing out my connection [Comcast/xFinity] earlier in the day and now later in the day has slowed considerably. It could easily just be coincidence.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thread moved to technology news...

I am with virgin in the uk speeds are getting slower to..Even though i am promised 500 mbps....Now 150 if lucky..

TheEmpathicEar

Obviously many more people are home these days. On the other hand... I am not sure?

7 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Obviously many more people are home these days. On the other hand... I am not sure?

Not sure about what.?

TheEmpathicEar
3 minutes ago, Reefa said:

Not sure about what.?

I don't know how to quantify something like this. i.e. We eliminated Net neutrality in the US. But, how many folks actually noticed a difference? 

Yeah from England here just letting you no i have noticed the same..Hope you get better answers from our American friends..:ganja:

i live in London, was getting close to 400Mbps before all this now maxes at around 250Mbps. No big deal to be honest, wouldn't have noticed if i hadn't done a speedtest 

Archived