Anyone noticed memory increase on Windows 7 after Jan 2020

afgzee

Anyone noticed memory increase on Windows 7 after Jan 2020? My computer would go as low as about 1.70GB before January 2020 now it can go up to as much as 4GB+ before i've even started any programs.

I haven't changed anything on my system either, except installed the Feb 2020 and March 2020 updates 

• Replies 4
  • Views 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ur OS immune system boosted ??? anti corona pill frm bill.

now it will be quarantine to win 10 Forcefully 

Did you apply the March 2020 updates?

EDIT: oh yes I see you did!

Idid too, and then my memory usage was high. I did some research and found this:

Then with a little more looking I (re)found this:

https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/2000012-neutralize-telemetry-sustain-win-7-8-1-monthly-rollup-model/

I (re)followed the steps outlined by @abbodi86 and now my memory usage is fine again.

just a thought...good luck!

On 3/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, truemate said:

ur OS immune system boosted ??? anti corona pill frm bill.

now it will be quarantine to win 10 Forcefully 

Truemate, I think afgzee means that his RAM is showing high use even when he has no programs running.

I have noticed recently slow responsiveness with Firefox 74 when I click on sites on my bookmark menu.

Having read afgee's post I checked my RAM use with Firefox closed and no other programs running

and it shows 63% being used (from 8 GB installed RAM) which means about 4.8GB RAM in use.

Doesn't seem right. I have the usual background programs running, ESET, Malwarebytes, Process Lasso.

When I close Firefox it stays at 62% RAM in use. Any ideas anyone?:smartass::smartass::smartass:

On 3/21/2020 at 6:44 PM, frankl1n said:

Did you apply the March 2020 updates?

EDIT: oh yes I see you did!

Idid too, and then my memory usage was high. I did some research and found this:

Then with a little more looking I (re)found this:

https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/2000012-neutralize-telemetry-sustain-win-7-8-1-monthly-rollup-model/

I (re)followed the steps outlined by @abbodi86 and now my memory usage is fine again.

just a thought...good luck!

Thanks so much. In the second link i took the advice 

SCHTASKS /Create /F /RU "SYSTEM" /RL HIGHEST /SC ONSTART /TN W10Telemetry /TR "cmd /c %windir%\W10Tel.cmd"

now my RAM is at usual levels as it was before. 👍

Archived