How to detect if a phone is hacked?

Tickler

How can I know if a phone has been hacked? How can I demonstrate that a phone can be hacked easily to a relative? So a relative of mine had a misunderstanding that I am a computer engineer and that I know alot about hacking and stuffs like that because they often see me on a computer but I am from commercial, social and spiritual field.

Nonetheless, I would like to know some easy as well as detailed methods which can be used to figure out if the phone or my relative uses has been hacked because I know. If possible I would also like to know how to delete or counterspy without letting the actual hacker know that I know.

Also if one could let me know or guide in the direction where I can learn a simple way to hack a phone in the presence of those relatives and let them know a bit about methods that can be used to hacking for creating awareness within the family member that I don't want to be spied upon. Now I know that questions regarding hacking aren't permitted here but I am not asking for real hacking. I just want to learn a little to let the relative know that it's possible and pretty easy. Plus I am pretty sure that her phone is hacked with a paid spyware app by her significant other so the first question is most important which is how to figure out that malicious apps with intent to spy on the calls, sms record and pics are present on the phone. I think my own phone is either hacked or affected by malwares because there are folders on my phone that I am unable to delete.

Sorry for long post. Thanks for reading.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a little difficult question to answer. There could be two major case:

1. Either the hacker want to scare you or impress you then s/he will let you know if your phone is hacked. Happened to me. Mine was hacked. Messages were modified. Drive was write-protected nothing could be deleted. The Recovery, Even custom recovery: CMW, was heavily modified. All done to let me know that what extant that person can go and what knowledge s/he has in this field. Pretty awesome right. S/he would even change my wallpaper for me according to mood based on the thing i surfed / watched on the internet. scary right.

2. The hacker simply will lurk in the shadow and will spy on you forever without you even realizing. Same is the case with virus. A virus or a malware is not detected unless it does something wrong. So, unless, AFAIK, unless that hacker do something that leave a trace of their activities behind they cannot be detected. Not speaking for other. It is my opinion based on my experience.

3. Unable to delete and being hacked by some malware app, the best solution is to scan your phone with a good AV such as Kaspersky. 

4. The Scenario 1 and 2 cannot be detected by AVs out there. It would take an IT expert to know if the phone is hacked or not. So you need to show your phone to one.

Archived