Google Translate Gets Support for New Languages After Four Years

steven36

Google Translate is finally getting support for new languages. Although Google Translate already supports a wide range of different languages, there are still some languages that the service does not yet support.

138356315_15828060366160226.png

And believe it or not, it has been four years since Google Translate got support for a new language. That’s finally changing, though, with Google adding support for five new languages to Translate this week.

Google announced on Wednesday that Google Translate is getting support for Kinyarwanda, Odia (Oriya), Tatar, Turkmen and Uyghur. Support for these new languages was made possible by the Google Translate Community and machine learning, according to Google. Google says the company has also enabled support for virtual keyboard input for Kinyarwanda, Tatar and Uyghur.

These new languages are apparently spoken by more than 75 million people worldwide.

Google Translate now supports a total of 108 languages, which is a pretty staggering number.

Source

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never even heard of such languages. Okay, it's great that the number of languages is increasing, but sometimes I would like them to work on the quality of translations of the most popular languages. For example, my child learns French at school, and more than translating a word or phrase, this translator cannot help us. In more serious tasks and texts, the context is absolutely absurd, and you have to look for other options, such as a service with academic translations https://thewordpoint.com/services/translation-service/academic. I understand that maybe this is my problem, that my child is learning a language that none of the parents knows, but still we always want the best for the children.

Archived