Both Facebook Messenger and Messenger (beta) for Windows 10 updated with Fluent design menus and other improvements

Karlston

Both Facebook Messenger and Messenger (beta) for Windows 10 updated with Fluent design menus and other improvements

facebook-messenger.jpg

Facebook has released an update for both their Facebook Messenger and Messenger Beta apps, adding some attractive new features.

Both apps now feature transparency in the right-click menu, which is a major improvement on the old Windows XP-style menus of the earlier version.

Both apps now also make it a lot easier to access Reactions to pictures and videos by adding a Reactions button on MouseOver.

In addition, the app offers more options in the chat options menu.

The two versions are not identical, however, with the Beta version (right) now offering the ability to more easily hop between chats with one click, whereas the old version required you to click the Back button first.

Overall the rapid improvement of the app is making using it a very reasonable alternative to keeping your phone on your desk.

Facebook Messenger beta can be found in the Store here.

Source: Both Facebook Messenger and Messenger (beta) for Windows 10 updated with Fluent design menus and other improvements  (MSPoweruser)

• Replies 1
  • Views 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These have been out for a while now & one part of the article is incorrect.

"The two versions are not identical, however, with the Beta version (right) now offering the ability to more easily hop between chats with one click, whereas the old version required you to click the Back button first."

Both allow you to switch between chats without pressing a back button. I've been using Messenger for quite some time and even before they switched to the new design, I don't ever remember having to press a back button. I've always been able to easily switch chats in the same way as it is now. I also do not see a single other difference, so at this exact point everything different is under the hood. :)

Edit: I just looked on YouTube to be certain. There are videos of Messenger from 3-4 years ago that show the easy chat swap feature has always been there even before the fluent design change or beta. Not sure what was going on with the author of the article. The change to fluent design also happened back in January I believe.

Archived