Is KASPERSKY TWEAK ASSISTANT really safe to use?

Sylence

I'm considering using Kaspersky Tweak Assistance but I don't know how safe it would be.

the worrying thing for me is that when I use it, I have to disable Kaspersky's self defense so the program can hack Kaspersky, attached itself to it and do malicious stuff.

can anyone with enough experience and technical background provide more info about this? thanks

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sylence said:

I have to disable Kaspersky's self defense so the program can hack Kaspersky, attached itself to it and do malicious stuff

If self defense is enabled you cant mess with Kaspersky registration

Unless there is a certain Kaspersky module you are wanting to use i think the protection of the free security cloud is more than enough,no need to bother downloading software you are not sure about or hacking Kaspersky.

15 minutes ago, BigBear said:

Unless there is a certain Kaspersky module you are wanting to use i think the protection of the free security cloud is more than enough,no need to bother downloading software you are not sure about or hacking Kaspersky.

That's probably the best idea, thanks.

on techtobo site they wrote bunch of bullshit stories about how they created the tool bla bla.

I checked in here: https://usa.kaspersky.com/free-cloud-antivirus

and Kaspersky security cloud Free gives me all I want, I don't want none of those kid protection,  safe money, family sharing, optimize my PC stuff.

I just need Kaspersky's Firewall and Antivirus real time scanning engine.

Topic locked & some off topic/unnecessary comments removed.

All interactions between community members (be it via posts, PM's or via the shoutbox) should be free from flaming, baiting, spam, profanities and illegal / obscene material, and as a result should be positive, polite and constructive.

• T3rM1nat0Rr3 locked this topic

Archived