Windows 10 updates KB4532693 & KB4524244 causing many issues, report users

steven36

Microsoft released the latest Windows 10 security update KB4532693 as a Patch Tuesday update on February 11. Later some users reported receiving another update KB4524244 after installing KB4532693 which fixes an issue with UEFI boot manager for Windows 10 versions 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, and 1903.

136650356_158160104669949509.jpg

This security update makes quality improvements to the supported Windows 10 versions listed in the “Applies to” section. Key changes include the following:

• Addresses an issue in which a third-party Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) boot manager might expose UEFI-enabled computers to a security vulnerability.

This update was not supposed to come to Windows 10 version 1909 but seems Microsoft screwed up again. Now this update KB4524244 along with KB4532693 is causing many issues as reported by users on Reddit and official Microsoft forum. One of the user reported how the update corrupted his secure boot keys and resulted in locking of computer and installation failures.

On the reboot, my Secure Boot flagged me that the keys were corrupted. I was able to get those repaired and reboot into the system. I rebooted a couple more times but no updates attempted to install. On a third “Check for updates, the same (KB4524244) update attempted to download but freezes the system at 94% on the download. Again freezes hard requiring a hard re-set. I tried flushing the Software Distribution cache but get the same results.

More users reported facing issues after installing the KB4524244 update on Reddit too.

Anyone having trouble with KB4524244? It hangs and then when I force reboot, HP BIOS says it detected an unauthorized change to the secure boot keys and had to restore.

Source

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UEFI)

17 minutes ago, Karlston said:

February Win10 1903 and 1909 cumulative update causing desktops to disappear

This thread   is about the UEFI  bug the one about the profile  bug by  Lawrence Abrams is here

Quality long left in the dust after Microsoft ditched the professionals who tested updates for windows.

This security update makes quality improvements to the supported Windows 10 versions.

Locking of computers and installation failures.

hello, just for info: i have installed Windows 10 x64 Pro for Workstation v1909 with all updates installed.. is more reactivity, speedly with more performance; now is perfect :-) not have any issues/bugs/problems... 👍

Same ppl with corrupted computers getting error problems. Bet the percentage of ppl with good os who are getting problems are very low.  Win 10 is like every other product, you're gonna have a small percentage of bad  out comes. when updated. Simple, if you don't like it don't use it.

zanderthunder

not a problem when installing under my two laptops, one with Win10 Home v1909 x64 and another one with Win10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 x64.

One of the two updates has been pulled by Microsoft...

Archived