How to "port" IDT audio driver to Realtek

mclaren85

I have a Realtek sound chip which based on ALC269 codec but performs way down from my expectations. But in my old laptop, which had an IDT soundchip and bundled with SRS Premium , the sound quality was excellent. So I like to port IDT driver to my realtek chip because of SRS Premium. How can I do that?

The Realtek Hardware identity is like this:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_104D6A00&REV_1002

And the old IDT hardware identiy is like this:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7626&SUBSYS_103C30D4

So please help me in porting this driver to another

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cpt.Anonymou5

You might have better luck doing an APO over what you have. Could be the hardware itself. But in this link  if that doesn't help your sound issues you could go over to TechPowerUp and see if you can find something like what you are asking for. Are you looking for IDT's EQ user interface? Sorry I could not be any more help hope you find what you are looking for.

1 hour ago, Cpt.Anonymou5 said:

You might have better luck doing an APO over what you have. Could be the hardware itself. But in this link  if that doesn't help your sound issues you could go over to TechPowerUp and see if you can find something like what you are asking for. Are you looking for IDT's EQ user interface? Sorry I could not be any more help hope you find what you are looking for.

Thank you, by saying APO you mean equalizer?

Cpt.Anonymou5

Yes for example I mainly use HeSuVi on my main mother board back 3.5mm Output and then I use Dolby Atmos for a USB Dac Amp. HeSuVi uses Equlizer APO as a base then injects others HRTF files you can play around with the gain(to make it loud) and eq to make it sound very good. I bought and own Dolby Access, Hesuvi sounds better to me than Atmos on most games and movies I play. Just food for thought if you are unable to find someone to help you port things over that is.

PS If you do go the HeSuVi route make sure you read the instructions very well 1st make sure your realtek sound card can do 7.1 or 5.1 native if not you will need to take a few extra steps.

Good luck if you have any questions let me know.

@Cpt.Anonymou5 Hi Captain, thank you very much, I appreciate your asist. But I want to remind you one thing, I only use basic stereo speakers and sometimes headphone for listening music. Do you think hesuvi alone would work?

And May I get your opinion? What do you recommend for good listening experience? Soundcard? DAC? Or Sennheiser brand headphone? Or else? Thanks in advance, take care!

Cpt.Anonymou5

No problem I just wanted to see if I could help at all =)

To answer you about the speaker question, No do not use HeSuVi for stereo speaker's. It's really made for headphone user's trying to emulate 7.1 HRTF's. You could how ever use Equalizer APO(Free And Easy To Set Up), if you are looking to boost volume and adjust the equalizer to personal preference. But if you are looking to enhance your sound with manufacture sound app's or tools for example like Dolby Atmos or beats audio applications it will not be of use to you. I would direct you back here (APO DRIVER) to find the correct tool/app to fit your needs.

The other Question about headphones well that depends on what you are doing & what your surround ambiance is like?

My 3 favorite picks for headphones are below both are on mass drop. If you cant buy from mass drop you can buy new and used from amazon or eBay to get a similar price. 

DT990 

58X JUBILEE

ATH-WS1100iS

Sound Card OVER DAC? Depends on your headphones and motherboard. New higher end motherboards can push 110ohm headphones and above. But if you want the cleanest sound and you have money to burn then yes getting a dac & headphone amp would be best choice ;-)

Cheap But works Good Headphone DAC Amp More expensive ones are not hard to find just google or YouTube reviews.

Good luck in your audio endeavors, if you have any more questions or my crap typing is not readable let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, mclaren85 said:

I have a Realtek sound chip which based on ALC269 codec but performs way down from my expectations. But in my old laptop, which had an IDT soundchip and bundled with SRS Premium , the sound quality was excellent. So I like to port IDT driver to my realtek chip because of SRS Premium. How can I do that?

The Realtek Hardware identity is like this:

And the old IDT hardware identiy is like this:

So please help me in porting this driver to another

this HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_104D6A00&REV_1002" seems to be a Realtek ALC269 audio chip [hence DEV_0269] on a Sony laptop (SUBSYS IDs beginning with "104D" indicate the "vendor ID" is Sony)

while HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7626&SUBSYS_103C30D4" seems to be a Sigmatel/IDT audio device on a Hewlett-Packard [HP] computer (SUBSYS IDs beginning with "103C" indicate the "vendor ID" is HP)

about the IDT EQ user interface - that is supposed to be there in the IDT Audio Control Panel for most machines using IDT audio hardware but the manufacturer in question could use a different EQ or block it out (I'll post up a screenshot of how the EQ in the control panel may look like - I have an old Dell Inspiron laptop that uses a Sigmatel/IDT audio device but uses a different IDT audio driver than the originally provided Sigmatel audio driver that Dell used)

Archived