Connect app could be preventing Windows 10 update KB4528760- here’s what to do if you’re affected

Karlston

Connect app could be preventing Windows 10 update KB4528760- here’s what to do if you’re affected

Last week, we reported that users are experiencing issues when downloading the latest Windows security update KB4528760; which offers important security fixes alongside other improvements.  Upon download, the update will begin, then terminate shortly after, and present a fail message.

Hundreds of users have since come forward to report the same issue on Feedback Hub:

“The recent KB4528760 update for Windows 1909 seems to be causing issues with some computers and stopping them from booting. Presenting the error code 0xc000000e. Increasing number of machines hitting this issue after installing this update”.

For other users, the issue escalates beyond the fail message, presenting the BSOD -Blue Screen of Death- within 2 minutes of reboot:

“Doing nothing special, searched for and installed the three patches: KB4532938, KB4528760, KB2538243 with an immediate reboot after. After reboot, applications were booting, and I went to look up the patch notes of the patches following the links within windows update. While on the CVE page for KB4532938… blue screen IRQ not less or equal.”

Microsoft still hasn’t acknowledged the issue as a bug- but many suspect that it all comes down to the Microsoft Connect app.  A significant number of the users with the issue had recently uninstalled the Connect app, which leads us to believe that the two may be connected.

To alleviate the issue, Windowslatest recommends affected users to download the Media Creation Tool and reinstall Windows 10- then check for updates once again.  Users who haven’t recently removed the Connect app, but have a broken update following the January update are also recommended to do so.

Source: Windowslatest

Source: Connect app could be preventing Windows 10 update KB4528760- here’s what to do if you’re affected  (MSPoweruser)

• Replies 4
  • Views 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows laptop

(Image credit: TechRadar)

Microsoft has run into more trouble with Windows 10 updates, as a recent important security patch which had previously been problematic by failing to install for some folks, is now causing serious crashes – and even boot failures – in some reported cases.

Windows Latest spotted the fresh problems with update KB4528760 for Windows 10 May 2019 Update and the November 2019 Update, which has been failing to install for a number of users, providing only unhelpful error messages.

Worse still, it would now appear that these issues are not only widespread – with in excess of 100 complaints on Microsoft’s help forum – but for some folks, KB4528760 is causing grief like the dreaded blue screen of death and boot failure.

One user on the Windows 10 Feedback Hub observed: “The recent KB4528760 update for Windows 1909 [November 2019 Update] seems to be causing issues with some computers and stopping them from booting. Presenting the error code 0xc000000e. Increasing number of machines hitting this issue after installing this update.”

Source: https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10s-latest-troublesome-update-is-now-reportedly-causing-boot-failures

I had boot failures with Windows 10  back in 2015  even and Im not  the only one

Windows 10 upgrade ruined my hard drive

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-ruined-my-hard-drive/4156550d-fe63-42fd-a047-f26aaed8295c

People say it was a coincidence but  i checked my drive all the  time when i ran windows 8.1 and it was fine   even after i  replaced  the drive it was always something with Windows 10  .  That PC has  been clean  from Windows 10 for 3 years   and the one im on now has been clean for  2 . :shit:  like they story in the OP is why more consumers  on Android and IOS now botched updates done  them in  before  Windows 10  M$  held the OS marketshare

134424672_15799614272364295.jpg

Thanks @steven36 for joining the debate.

I'm new to these forums but can't hide admitting that I'm a fan of your posts and learn a lot in terms of updating as to what is the latest going on in various segments of the forums in general; and in the arena of Software & Privacy/Technology News in particular.

Have a great weekend!

Similar topic merged from General News.

Archived