PDF To (Editable) Microsoft WORD Converter That Also Converts Math Equations

duddy

Hi guys!

My work involves a lot of creating Mathematical Equations in MS Word documents and converting pdf files to Word quite often.

I am able to convert (normal) pdf documents to word and vice versa with ease.

The problem arises when the source pdf file contains Mathematical Equations created in LaTex, MathType or MS Word's in built equation functionality.

I am yet to find a utility that would convert Mathematical work and symbols from source pdf file to the destination Word file in such a way that it allows to edit the Mathematical equations in the resultant Word document.

Hope, the awesome guys here come out with workable suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Have a gala time!

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried editing the PDF files with Adobe Illustrator and outline the equations before you convert to word? 

This should keep them in the same image content that they are in PDF after conversion.  (just an idea I got from few suggestions online)

Spoiler

You can do one thing:

Open your files in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and go to edit mode and select the equation text box and right click and choose Edit using > Adobe illustrator. An illustrator will open with that equation now select that equation in illustrator and right click on it and choose Create outline and press save (Ctrl+S), close illustrator and go to Acrobat and now you can export to ms word it will shows up or act like as an images but not text (when you select the equation in ms word it already converted to images or shape. See the images (just an example)

1. Select your desire text with the edit tool and right click and choose Edit Using>Adobe Illustrator

01.gif

2. Illustrator will open up now you can select the text and right click and choose Create outlines. After that save your file and close the windows

02.gif

3. Now export your file to ms word. You will find the result when ms word will open up

03.gif

Hope this will helps

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea, but such mathematical terms won't be editable in Word as they are Pasted as images/pictures.

So the basic need of editing the resultant equation is not met.

Thanks for your engagement in the topic.

Archived