VirtualBox 6.1.2 Build 135662

T3rM1nat0Rr3

VirtualBox is an application installed on an existing host operating system; within this application, additional operating systems can be loaded and run, each with its own virtual environment. For example, several Linux distributions can be hosted on a single machine running Windows XP; likewise, XP and Vista can run on a machine running Linux, and so on. There is a free for personal or evaluation use proprietary version and a GNU General Public License (GPL) version.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do be careful with this version.  Users are experiencing issues installing the extension pack, commenting that it hangs during installation.

35 minutes ago, ajdibi said:

Do be careful with this version.  Users are experiencing issues installing the extension pack, commenting that it hangs during installation.

I hereby confirm the problem.  I wish you had posted this earlier.  :pos:

Below is the link to bug tracker report:

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19225

1 hour ago, jvidal said:

the problem is only with the extension pack??

Some other minor problems have been reported as well (check the virtualbox forum under v6.1.2) but so far the main issue is the failed installation of extension pack 6.1.2

g8194189-banned

I also used the portable version of VirtualBox from https://www.vbox.me/

It uses the original installer to make it portable.

It's good for those who don't have admin rights to install software on the computer at work. Unfortunately I see that the last version of VirtualBox which it can make portable is 5.1.22. Some time ago i used it with a newer version of VitualBox and it worked. However, it is advisable to use only the supported version otherwise it may not work properly.

Archived