• Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Betts1964,

I m using 2 good freewares:

- Inkscape

- TheGimp

They are really good

... sorry 😁, seems i m tired 😴

i m using Acronis. I have tested Macrium Reflect, but returned to Acronis because i find it easier to use

In my opinion, you do not have to use something that is easy to use or looks beautiful,

but something that is useful and helps in at least one case.

I don't know anything like that.

Macrium Reflect...if I can use it anyone can.

Just using the basic "create an image" and "restore an image" was easy to master even though

I had no previous experience, and it has saved me a whole lot of time when I have had to do a full restore.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

never used one...

i just don't use the C drive for "cold storage" other then the OS and installed software... never had the need for one.

and then there's the cloud.

2 hours ago, Betts1964 said:

Just curious what software you guys use to image your PC's with?

Have been using Macrium Reflect for the last 20 years without any issues.

It is a superb piece of Imaging technology without any fuss.

1 hour ago, mp68terr said:

@Aeracier, Softwares to image the drives, not imaging softwares 😉

Using drivesnapshot, but many here will likely recommend macrium reflect.

Yes sure, I'll strongly recommend Macrium without a second thought.

5 hours ago, Kalju said:

In my opinion, you do not have to use something that is easy to use or looks beautiful,

but something that is useful and helps in at least one case.

I don't know anything like that.

Hi Kalju, you are right in saying that primarily the app should be "useful" and "helps in at least one case"....that's exactly

why I use/recommend Macrium Reflect. Before having any experience of imaging I did re-installs of my system (usually because

the Windows restore function didn't succeed). As I tended to have a lot of Movies/series/music/folder with copies of programs and meds/ etc.

this meant a lot of time installing the OS and re-installing and tweaking everything back to my preferred state. It was both tedious and

time-consuming.

I read up on several of the imaging programs mentioned here, then finally took the decision to try Macrium. Now I know everybody has their

preferences and that's fine...it would be a strange world if we all liked the same things.

Remember, I am not one of the more tech gifted guys on Nsane, so it was a big deal for me when I realized I could use Macrium and straight

from the off it has worked like a dream. I have a 1T hard drive (usually 70GB used)  plus 4 1T portable hard drives, and I make regular images of my whole C drive

and spread them around the portable hard drives so that I always have peace of mind that when disaster strikes it will only be a hiccup and

I'll have my OS  plus contents back in minutes not hours (or two days as it once took me to install and tweak everything!!!).

But each person will have their own favourite and for their own reasons.:jester::jester::jester:

@funkyy My method is very simple. Usually I have at least 3 or 4 partitions, one of them is for OS and it is about 150GB, sometimes even less and it's the only so called primary drive. All others are logical and for storing, usually sorted by date. 
If i have some kind of problem, usually reinstall only Windows and it takes about hour and everything is on place again. Sometimes, if the the problem is more problematical, i'll copy all useful files to other partitons and make clean install and again is everything as correct as possible.
Even if hepens, that doesn't boot, I use one old bootable iso or USB where is stored Spotmau 2012 Boot Suite and everything done very fast.
This is true - the best is always what you are used to do something.

Thanks Kalju, your way is interesting but a little above my ability / experience....and since I'm a creature of habit I tend to

stick with what I can comfortably manage. I'm slower than most guys on here, but I get there in the end.:idea::idea::idea:

Definitely Veritas System Recovery(former Norton Ghost,then Symantec System Recovery) is a business-class backup and disaster recovery tool with many advanced skills and it should be a solid choice.I've been using it successfully for many years and never disappointed me.
Also consider, that Acronis True Image or Aomei Backupper represents very good and reliable solutions for creating system images backups.

Archived