Jump to content
info999

Cheap and best external SSD ?

Recommended Posts

info999

I am tired of waiting my games to open, the loading time is ridiculous. so I am looking for a cheap external SSD for my games

Any suggestions ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju
Quote

Cheap and best external SSD ?

In England they have one such proverbial saying:
"I'm not that rich to buy cheap stuff."
Where are you from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jabrwky

@info999 Buy x(2) of these:
1x 22 Pin 7+15 pin Male To Female SATA Data HDD Power Combo - $1.36
 

Connect x(1) permanently to the SSD. Connect the other one to your computer data cable + power cable, then connect male & female connectors.

This is a good drive for a good price:
    WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD 500GB - $64.99
 

Use Macrium Reflect to clone your HDD to the SSD.
Use AOMEI Partition Assistant to resize partitions.

 

Edited by jabrwky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Israeli_Eagle
12 minutes ago, jabrwky said:

@info999 Buy x(2) of these:
1x 22 Pin 7+15 pin Male To Female SATA Data HDD Power Combo - $1.36
 

Connect x(1) permanently to the SSD. Connect the other one to your computer data cable + power cable, then connect male & female connectors.

This is a good drive for a good price:
    WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD 500GB - $64.99
 

Use Macrium Reflect to clone your HDD to the SSD.
Use AOMEI Partition Assistant to resize partitions.

 

 

Very good way and not needs the bad USB at all! :dance2:

And the WD Blue 3D SSD is very good, too. And actually identical of SanDisk Ultra 3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mp68terr
7 hours ago, jabrwky said:

Buy x(2) of these...

Bought a similar cable, with data and power on two separate connectors, esata though for any SSD/HDD.

 

cable.jpg.ea1ccc622195704f36c116b14ed37473.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
info999
8 hours ago, jabrwky said:

@info999 Buy x(2) of these:
1x 22 Pin 7+15 pin Male To Female SATA Data HDD Power Combo - $1.36
 

Connect x(1) permanently to the SSD. Connect the other one to your computer data cable + power cable, then connect male & female connectors.

This is a good drive for a good price:
    WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD 500GB - $64.99
 

Use Macrium Reflect to clone your HDD to the SSD.
Use AOMEI Partition Assistant to resize partitions.

 

 

I have a laptop unfortunately 

14 hours ago, Kalju said:

In England they have one such proverbial saying:
"I'm not that rich to buy cheap stuff."
Where are you from?

 

I am from the land of the pirates

8 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

 

Very good way and not needs the bad USB at all! :dance2:

And the WD Blue 3D SSD is very good, too. And actually identical of SanDisk Ultra 3D.

 

USB is bad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Israeli_Eagle
25 minutes ago, info999 said:

USB is bad ?

 

There are multiple reasons why HDD and SDD are never made as USB!!
And if you for example buy a ready-made external USB one and open it then you will find inside again a converter in the middle. :coolwink:

 

P.S.: I hope you have at least USB 3.x because otherwise nothing would ever become faster anyway.

 

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
info999
13 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

 

There are multiple reasons why HDD and SDD are never made as USB!!
And if you for example buy a ready-made external USB one and open it then you will find inside again a converter in the middle. :coolwink:

 

P.S.: I hope you have at least USB 3.x because otherwise nothing would ever become faster anyway.

 

 

Yeah I do have USB 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jabrwky
Posted (edited)

@info999
Type-C HUB USB3.1 to SATA Adapter HUB Adapter For 2.5 & 3.5 inches HDD SSD
                                                       - plus -
USB 3.1 Type C Female to USB 3.0 Type A Male Adapter Converter Cable Connector

                                                       - and -
                          WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD 500GB - $64.99

 

Merry Christmas.

@info999 There is a conspicuous lack of thanks on your part, to everyone who has given his time to help with your question.
  Which solution did you use?

Gratitude is remembered, as is ingratitude....

Edited by jabrwky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anishraj

Hey @info999

I guess Crucial MX500 is the cheapest and best budget SSD you can get as it has good read and write speeds for a budget SSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronLotus

What's the size preference in gig or tera you are looking for?

 

If you are looking for a cheap one with a 3d nand tech you can try indilinx or goldenfir been using these brands for quite a while and seems good

Edited by IronLotus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...