Pentium E5800 graphic driver from Windows.old

Hpbaxxter

My Cpu is Pentium E5800, and I don't have a card graphic.
I had Windows 7 32 bit, the display was good 1600 x 900, and after the upgrading to Windows 10 1903 the display become 1280 x 800.
I tried Intel driver & support assistant and it says that I have the latest driver.
I look up for grapic driver but I didn't find, is there a way to install the driver from
.Windows.old/system32/drivers?

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hpbaxxter said:

I look up for grapic driver but I didn't find, is there a way to install the driver from

What is the last intel driver you used before

You can try to go in the device manager and try to update the driver from there, but point it to the folder you think has the driver you used before.

This may help you because we are not sure you have the drivers stored there or not

I'm not sure the drivers are in this location.

You may have to do a try and error

Can you tell us which motherboard are you using?

Israeli_Eagle

For sure you have then an ancient Intel display chip on the motherboard. So I would ask the same...

Which motherboard you use?

And maybe Xmas is time to build a new PC, because I see already way too old parts: Ancient 2-core CPU, 32-BIT OS (the world changed already 10 years ago to 64-Bit) etc. :coolwink:

51 minutes ago, cosy said:

What is the last intel driver you used before

You can try to go in the device manager and try to update the driver from there, but point it to the folder you think has the driver you used before.

This may help you because we are not sure you have the drivers stored there or not

I'm not sure the drivers are in this location.

You may have to do a try and error

Can you tell us which motherboard are you using?

I didn't install any driver before, it was Microsoft's Windows 7 driver, I can't know now after the upgrading.

The motherboard is Winbond and the model is W83627DHG-P.

2 hours ago, Hpbaxxter said:

My Cpu is Pentium E5800, and I don't have a card graphic.
I had Windows 7 32 bit, the display was good 1600 x 900, and after the upgrading to Windows 10 1903 the display become 1280 x 800.
I tried Intel driver & support assistant and it says that I have the latest driver.
.Windows.old/system32/drivers?

22 minutes ago, cosy said:

I would suggest you go the intel page and you will find automatically update my drivers and try this.

You will more than likely get the right drives for your "dinosaur "

I said in the 1st post that I tried already Intel driver & support assistant and it says that I have the latest driver.

But how do I find the display driver in Windows.old/system32/drivers? thare many files drivers

Google couldn't find such motherboard.

You probably need i915 GPU drivers.

You still have windows.old folder, you where given instructions how to install drivers from previous installation of Win7, so why not try that and let us know?

After 10 days, you Windows.old folder will be automatically deleted, so you can't easily go back to your previous Windows installation or search for missing drivers from that folder. Also you don't need to restore previous installation to know what device names and drivers you need, you can just go to device manager and lookup device details and when you find the ID, then Google search the Device ID will help you find what device driver and device name you're missing.

coromonadalix

geez 

Use cpu-z with gpu-z to have your motherboard and video card model right

The number you provided is an windbond i/o chip W83627DHG-P

You need the right motherboard company, the motherboard model, the chipset used   and your video card  if its an external one

You ask for help and dont provide the minimal requirements ....'

You have this kind of search too

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/?compatible_with=intel-cpu-bx80571e5800

They are mostly intel chipset based,  use intel chipset inf drivers, it may resolve your problems ...  theses drivers install what it need for windows to "understand your motherboard"  try at least an v8 version or v9   since most recent versions may have your chipset removed ...

If everything else fails, download the "snappy driver installer (Lite)" and:

1. detect the hardware and driver needed

2. download and install the required driver

https://sdi-tool.org/download/

When you fix the driver problem you should read this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/223821/what-is-the-windows.old-folder-and-how-do-you-delete-it/

Did you check to see if the Monitor driver was set to "Generic PNP"? It might not have anything to do with the graphics card driver.

edit: To clarify: If it IS set that way, it won't let the graphics card go too high in resolution.

Archived