virge

Intuit TurboTax All Editions 2019 v2019.41.12.202 US Versions Only

Piet

Whenever I try to install v2019.41.8.190 I get an error message: "A version of TurboTax 2019 is already installed. You need to remove it before you can install this version. To remove TurboTax, use Programs and Features on the Control Panel or click on the Remove button."

Now I have already uninstalled the version I had used to prepare the Federal (my state was still awaiting updated forms so I couldn't eFile, nor could that version get the newest available forms). Hence, there are no TT items in the Control Panel P&F list.

So, I select Remove in TT installer window and I get the following: "Oops! The TurboTax installation hit a snag....Try again...Error code: 1605," and therefore cannot remove the program, even though technically it's not installed.

I've deleted as many folders as I can find, as well as those suggested by Intuit on their help page - hidden as well - cleaned out registry entries manually and with registry cleaners, run iObit Uninstaller. And still, no luck.

tldr; can't install unless uninstall first, but can't uninstall.

Any thoughts, ideas, or help would be greatly appreciated

gandalf44
1 hour ago, Piet said:

Whenever I try to install v2019.41.8.190 I get an error message: "A version of TurboTax 2019 is already installed. You need to remove it before you can install this version. To remove TurboTax, use Programs and Features on the Control Panel or click on the Remove button."

Now I have already uninstalled the version I had used to prepare the Federal (my state was still awaiting updated forms so I couldn't eFile, nor could that version get the newest available forms). Hence, there are no TT items in the Control Panel P&F list.

So, I select Remove in TT installer window and I get the following: "Oops! The TurboTax installation hit a snag....Try again...Error code: 1605," and therefore cannot remove the program, even though technically it's not installed.

I've deleted as many folders as I can find, as well as those suggested by Intuit on their help page - hidden as well - cleaned out registry entries manually and with registry cleaners, run iObit Uninstaller. And still, no luck.

tldr; can't install unless uninstall first, but can't uninstall.

Any thoughts, ideas, or help would be greatly appreciated

Piet:

Try the following:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/forcefully-uninstall-and-reinstall-turbotax/00/26003

Piet

I did do that already. No luck.
Although, I admit, in Step 1 I just deleted the files in [...]PER/MSI folder, I did not right click and uninstall (accidentally).

Tax Man

Can you restore the deleted files from recycle bin and try to uninstall them?  Can you do a system restore to an earlier time when things were working?  

Piet

I haven't tried to restore them yet, but will see if they are recoverable. Not a bad idea. I would like to avoid do a system restore if possible, since that is a bit of a brute force solution.

Piet
Posted (edited)

UPDATE: I got it to work.

1. Moved installer to desktop
  2. Start install
  3. Opened %temp% folder
  4. Cancelled Installation
  5. Renamed "ckz_...."  folder to "tax"
  6. Moved folder to C drive
  7. Ran command line - c:tax\setup.exe /f /l
  8. Installation began
Edited by Piet

Piet

OK now I'm stuck in a loop.
When I try to open the Return I had already begun and filed my Federal with, I keep getting this message.

"Your federal tax return is now on this computer. Let's get your [_____] state forms next. Error 190"

So I install the State, dialog box says State downloaded and installed successfully. Restart the program, and get the same message as above.

I have followed the solution to start a new Return, download and install the State successfully (genuinely successful in this case), restart the program and open the original Return (not the new dummy file), and still it doesn't not see the apparently installed State module.

smaerd
Posted (edited)

Appreciate all the help fixed.........I need Latest Medicine For Turbotax 2019 H&B Edition.

Edited by smaerd
reduced message size

ptaker

ERROR MESSAGE TODAY TRYING TO E-FILE THE NYS RETURN.

I am using TT H&B with R34 on Windows 10. I E-Filed the Federal Return. No Problem!

PROBLEM: When trying to E-File the NY State return, I get an error message saying there is an update you must install before you can file the state return. It refers you to the TT website here -  https://intuit.me/2ZqQuea (I shortened the link). The TT solution was just listed 16 hours ago.

When I tried to install that update, I got the error message shown below.

REQUEST: Does someone know how to either install the update if I need it OR tell me how to get around the problem?

Also, if I have to install the update (with your help) do I have to apply the R34 patch again?

TT Error After Trying To Update Patch.png

Tax Man

Try updating internally.  Allow automatic updates.  You can use automatic updates after the patch has been applied.  

ptaker

Many thanks to Tax Man for his correct solution to the NY State update problem. 

smaerd
Posted (edited)

Appreciate all the help fixed...........Ok. Guys. I need help finding the Latest Medicine after all newest updates applied for Turbotax 2019 Home & Business Edition. Hopefully a good download link with no Trojans Spyware etc. attached or on Download link page.

Thanks for all the replies & help. 😉 

Edited by smaerd

Ussovak
Posted (edited)

Disabled Internet, installed TT Personal Deluxe Edition and then canceled any choices to perform automatic updates. Applied manual updates to include R34, then applied R34 Medz. Works without error. Completed taxes and e-filed without errors.

What I did notice was when given the option to pay for State, TT actually charges $24.99 not $19.99 as stated in the software.

Edited by Ussovak

Tax Man
3 hours ago, Ussovak said:

What I did notice was when given the option to pay for State, TT actually charges $24.99 not $19.99 as stated in the software.

The price for state eFiling typically goes up by $5 if you file after the first of April.  

Ussovak
9 hours ago, Tax Man said:

The price for state eFiling typically goes up by $5 if you file after the first of April.  

Perhaps, but since I have the latest update one would think they would have updated the cost. Just saying ...

appzter
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Ussovak said:

...What I did notice was when given the option to pay for State, TT actually charges $24.99 not $19.99 as stated in the software.

Imho, even their 'regular' price of $19.99 is a rip-off for the convenience of e-filing (when you consider that (in most cases) a state return can mailed for under $2 postage)!

Edited by appzter

mymiabear

For the procrastinators is there a summary of the latest version, with the latest medicine with instructions?  lol