chrome, just get "aw snap", nothing works

wozzzzza

this morning chrome just didn't work. it has the latest version, cant get into settings or anything. i ran malwarebytes, nothing found, run ccleaner and uninstalled chrome, installed again same thing.
even ran the google chrome cleaner.

i installed the second to last version and it worked fine.
tonight stopped working again, it updated itself.

whats going on? previous version works fine again, just latest version is not working.

ive disabled chrome updates until i work it out.

running windows 10.

• Replies 8
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get Microsoft Edge Chromium. Beta or Dev. It's due for release on Jan 15th.

Beta link

Also heard good things about Brave, Firefox is a solid choice too but personally I'd prefer a Chromium based browser.

Nothing wrong with Chrome though IMO. You could just create a new user profile and that'll fix it up.

Remember to add uBlock Origin to your browser. I use this and Privacy badger as well with good results.

Other good extensions include SimpleExtManager, Better History, Bypass Adblock Detection, Chrono Download Manager, Enhancer for Youtube, Session Buddy, and uBlock Origin Extra

12 hours ago, wozzzzza said:

this morning chrome just didn't work. it has the latest version, cant get into settings or anything. i ran malwarebytes, nothing found, run ccleaner and uninstalled chrome, installed again same thing.
even ran the google chrome cleaner.

i installed the second to last version and it worked fine.
tonight stopped working again, it updated itself.

whats going on? previous version works fine again, just latest version is not working.

ive disabled chrome updates until i work it out.

running windows 10.

This is not problem with Chrome, but problem with computer. Simply sometimes if Chrome doesn't open correctly (for example not enough free RAM), it closes and trying store settings, but if Chrome didn't open fully, also settings didn't open fully and now it stores these not correct/damaged settings and Your userdata will be also damaged.
The only thing what You can do is delete old userdata, usually is enough if to delete only settings, and after that if Chrome strts, it make will make new files.
Only thing, what You can do to avoid this problem, clean regurarely RAM before opening Chrome.
It doesn't happen if You have at least 6GB RAM recommended 8GB.
So if possible take care that Your computer have at least 8GB RAM in ourdays, but the norm should be 16GB and CPU boot frequensi at least 2.4 GHz or higher, good is 3.7-4GHz. And You don't have never such a problems.

Yes, of course, if You have older computer, You may not can add more RAM because it's motherboard not allow. Also You cannot replace processor very often, simply not any compatible which is better and new CPU's are often expensive, so then is the only way - buy new computer or to clean regurarely RAM or not use newer software.

Look Yourself what is possible for You or what You can do, but this is the reality. Current time before Christmas is the best time to upgrade Your hardware, because now are prices better if any other time.

Merry Christmas.

Archived