download protected video from streaming site

mehdibleu

hello everyone,

i try to download this video from streaming french site without success, i tried many softwares which i used to use as allavsoft and which allows me to download 90% of streaming video sites but didn't work with this video, it seems that it contains some protection which prevents the video from being downloaded so i need help, there's got be a way to download this video, a trick or a magical softare that i don't know yet which bypasses by the protection and allows to download the video.

Here's the video => https://www.canalplus.com/divertissement/de-quoi-j-me-mele/h/12477509_50013

so if someone can tell me how i can download this, that would be great.

you have to use a VPN and  connect to a french server to be able to play the video.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coromonadalix

With cent browser and using a vpn  i can see your complete emission ( im french )    to capture a playing windows with locked content and no available software to grab it,  i use snagit or any other windows capture software ...

But you have to listen to the complete episode ;(

yeay i know the procedire which consists of capturing the whole screen of the protected video but i would like to avoid doing that.

I would like to download it in the usual way through a software which bypasses locked content.

Thanks @PLASMA but unfortunately it didn't work neither using vso downloader, the software detects the video and downloads just after the video but in multiple fragments of less than 1 MB each which shouldn't normally happen as the software managed to download the video from youtube in one fragment.

Maybe you can try to download the video i posted with vso downloader and see if you will have the same issue as mine or if you will manage to download it successfully in one fragment.

Hello,

I tried to get your video by inspecting the source code of the page or using many software programs, but it seems that its content is protected by DRMs, which prevents it from being downloaded with any software or extension. This kind of protection is also used by the Deezer company to prevent a user from illegally redistributing songs, and it is your browser that decodes this encrypted content (audio or video); for this reason, software such as Video DownloadHelper identifies a multitude of video fragments when you start watching a program in replay. The only thing you can do is to watch this program in streaming before it is no longer available on the Canal Plus website...

Hi, it's hard to find a way to download the video, but you can use video recording/screen recorder software, you can record it to your hard disk.😉

DRM indeed, as @Tux 528 noted above. Tried with several browsers : got asked to enable DRM. Could likely get the links for the ads before the video itself.

Interesting question/problem though, would be nice to know a way to download such protected files.

Edit: looks like the Replay option requires the DRM too.

I'm trying to rip some streaming content that is protected to save to a video format and watch on my plex later... having a tough time finding a recorder or downloader that works - its a bitmovin player and had many segmented files.  If anyone has a howto that they could direct me to, that would be helpful.  Thanks.

Hello @slim26!
The very purpose of DRM is to protect multimedia content from illegal downloading and/or recording with any software or extension. So you will unfortunately never be able to save replay programs or copy streaming movies to your PC if they are protected, and even less with a trial version of a software that you can find in 2 clicks on a download site or on a blog. I think you should rather take advantage of these free movies to watch them online if that is possible. ;)

Best regards

11 hours ago, Tux 528 said:

Hello @slim26!
The very purpose of DRM is to protect multimedia content from illegal downloading and/or recording with any software or extension. So you will unfortunately never be able to save replay programs or copy streaming movies to your PC if they are protected, and even less with a trial version of a software that you can find in 2 clicks on a download site or on a blog. I think you should rather take advantage of these free movies to watch them online if that is possible. ;)

Best regards

Thanks Tux.

Was trying to rip some shows for a family member from my friend's online cable account, so she can watch them without me spreading around my buddies creds.  The show is not all that popular and original spectrum content-- no where to be found on any tor sites.

• 5 months later...

Archived