[Solved] Macrium Reflect problem 0x8004230f

ronkanon

Howdee,

Macrium Reflect gives the following message when i try to make a backup :  Backup aborted! - Failed To Create Volume Snapshot. Failed - 0x8004230f - IDispatch error #8463

Does anyone know why i get this message and the backup fails?

And more important......does anyone have a solution?

I have windows 10 1909 x64 and the latest version of Macrium Reflect Home edition.

Thanks in advance for erveryone who want to help me.

Schermopname (1).png

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ronkanon said:

Macrium Reflect gives the following message

Is it an installed version or did you boot from an iso containing the app?

I am definitely not sure, but I do remember having a problem like this which I solved by reactivating VSSVC (Microsoft volume shadow copy service).

I had disabled it a long while ago for a reason that now eludes me lol.

1 hour ago, lurch234 said:

I am definitely not sure, but I do remember having a problem like this which I solved by reactivating VSSVC (Microsoft volume shadow copy service).

I had disabled it a long while ago for a reason that now eludes me lol.

I think @lurch234 may be correct. But if you search their knowledge base you can find other things that may create this error, some or OS specific and some are not. Have a look see: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Troubleshooting

Thanks to you all for helping me!

The problem is solved.

Looks like i was unable to turn on the protection settings to enable system restore.

This is how i fixed it

You will need to edit the Registry to fix this issue, copy and run each of these three commands in a Command Prompt as Administrator (Windows + X Keys and Select Command Prompt (admin)) - hit enter after each command . . 

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableSR" /f
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableConfig" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SPP\Clients" /v " {09F7EDC5-294E-4180-AF6A-FB0E6A0E9513}" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "1" /f

Don't worry if the first two keys are not found . . .

Then close Command Prompt and Reboot, you should now be able to configure System Protection (System Restore)

I want to thank DaveM121 for publishing the solution.

Moved from Guides & Tutorials.

Software discussions and support are best here.

Topic marked as solved.

Archived