aum

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zanderthunder
52 minutes ago, aum said:

You forgot to include this too:

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-july-october-2019/

Note that Sophos, Malwarebytes and 360 Qihoo is not on the list.

And Microsoft as usual, tops the list on being high false-positive detection.

Marcus Thunder

They are testing antivirus against internet security, and paid against free versions. If for example If I have free avira not pro or kaspersky antivirus not internet security would the results still be the same?

On 11/15/2019 at 10:04 PM, Edward Raja said:

You forgot to include this too:

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-july-october-2019/

Note that Sophos, Malwarebytes and 360 Qihoo is not on the list.

And Microsoft as usual, tops the list on being high false-positive detection.

It's fake. Windows defender is better than they say.

AV companies pay for these charts. they are so fake.

12 hours ago, Marcus Thunder said:

They are testing antivirus against internet security, and paid against free versions. If for example If I have free avira not pro or kaspersky antivirus not internet security would the results still be the same?

It depends about if they don't provide anti/malware/spyware/etc in their antivirus only product in comparison of their Internet suites.

But if the anti virus/malware/spyware/etc components are identical in both, then the results should be the same as IS suites only provides additional features that are different from the AV, like a firewall, etc.

52 minutes ago, Edward Raja said:

I would rather considering The PC Security Channel, as this will be fully independent testing by the author.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePCSecurity/videos

Also, check this out too.

Thanks I just finished watching this one. I think Microsoft should put their Windows Defender ATP by default into Windows 10 pro editions because obviously the Windows Defender alone at its current state is not  perfect. 

12 hours ago, Marcus Thunder said:

I agree.

for better results, they should use Free version of Kaspersky with Windows Defender.

or paid version of Kaspersky (Total security) with Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection ATP

2 hours ago, Sylence said:

I think Microsoft should put their Windows Defender ATP by default into Windows 10 pro editions because obviously the Windows Defender alone at its current state is not  perfect. 

don't just say for pro edition, this should be extended to all versions of Windows 10.

33 minutes ago, Edward Raja said:

don't just say for pro edition, this should be extended to all versions of Windows 10.

For sure, they can drop the 24/7 all day and night phone support for Pro/Home users since it's created for enterprise and mission critical uses but the rest should be implemented into the OS by default.

12 hours ago, Nastrahl said:

Well, the first two videos are from 2017 and 2018. Are they still relevant now?

One way to find is to request him to redo the video back.

Archived