Newspapers

Betts1964

Does anyone know how to bypass newspaper paywalls to read the articles for free. Private/incognito mode does not work anymore on some sites.

Thx

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Yes, I tried that the other day but it didnt work for me. i did the following:

Download this repo as a ZIP file from GitHub.

Unzip the file and you should have a folder named bypass-paywalls-chrome-master.

In Chrome go to the extensions page (chrome://extensions).

Enable Developer Mode.

Drag the bypass-paywalls-chrome-master folder anywhere on the page to import it.

Not sure I am doing the last step correctly but this is what I did as an example: I opened the site NYTimes.com and then dragged the folder of  

bypass-paywalls-chrome-master on top of it and then am I suppose to be able to view the article? I did exactly that and nothing works. What at I DOING WRONG? Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

17 minutes ago, Betts1964 said:

Hi, Yes, I tried that the other day but it didnt work for me. i did the following:

Download this repo as a ZIP file from GitHub.

Unzip the file and you should have a folder named bypass-paywalls-chrome-master.

In Chrome go to the extensions page (chrome://extensions).

Enable Developer Mode.

Drag the bypass-paywalls-chrome-master folder anywhere on the page to import it.

Not sure I am doing the last step correctly but this is what I did as an example: I opened the site NYTimes.com and then dragged the folder of  

bypass-paywalls-chrome-master on top of it and then am I suppose to be able to view the article? I did exactly that and nothing works. What at I DOING WRONG? Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

You have to drag the folder over the EXTENSIONS page, not the newspaper website itself. After that you don't have to do anything really, you just open the desired website and voila! the paywall is gone :D 

2 minutes ago, sefton22 said:

i've just tried 2 sites. The Telegraph & NYTimes, the bypassextention works with both.

I've tried about a dozen, including tough ones like WSJ & FT, it works perfectly with all of them. Really great piece of code!

1 hour ago, keyman said:

I've tried about a dozen, including tough ones like WSJ & FT, it works perfectly with all of them. Really great piece of code!

Worked like a charm... :)

3 minutes ago, Betts1964 said:

Worked like a charm... :)

Glad to have been of help :) Happy reading!

I am getting the following error:

image.png.e0cad6d6f4f7c183bc823c765c30acb3.png

After I turned on my laptop today the extension disappeared. When I tried it again I get that error. How do I fix this issue plz?

10 minutes ago, bayer said:

download and reinstall 

Yes, I just did that.  :) It's there now. Lets see after restart of laptop.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:58 PM, Betts1964 said:

I'm am set thx.

This seems to work for a day or 2 for the bosotnglobe.com/sports and then stops working. Even re-install dont work. Some help with this is greatly appreciaed. I use chrome and firefox.

Thx

Archived