Drag 'n Drop In Chrome

I Am Negan

In the past when i want to save a page quickly temporarily, I would drag n drop from the address bar to my desktop. I would then get an html file where i could use yo load the page quickly. Now when i do it i get a url file instead. All it does when you click on it is, it pulls the browser up and displays this:

[InternetShortcut]
URL=https://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-compilation-of-tutorials-guides-tips-updates/

Anybody know how to get it to save as html?

• Replies 5
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Don't bother Yourself with this and don't waste time.. It has nothing to do with Drag-n-Drop and never has.
  • You can download only simple one-page htm or html web pages
  • Web pages, that use databases and are only created when you click the link, they cannot be downloaded. 
  • You have to have access to the database or download each page separately, then merge all the downloaded data and then you will have something, but not all of it.
  • This address, given in first post, is a topic consisting of 294 pages, you have to download them all separately, ... and then merge data ... etc
  • Completely pointless action, better copy the parts, what You need, to your website, make Your own new database of what you need. It is much easier and less labor intensive.

Archived