You may soon be able to run Windows 10 IoT Core on a Calculator

Karlston

You may soon be able to run Windows 10 IoT Core on a Calculator

Windows 10 IoT Core is for the smallest embedded systems like washing machine, automatic door lock, and of course, the Rasberry Pi, which is popularly known as the “The credit-card-sized computer.”

But aside from Rasberry Pi, you might soon be able to run Windows Core IoT Core on your Calculator. A developer(known as @imbushuo on Twitter) seems to have managed to successfully install Windows 10 IoT Core on an HP Prime Graphing Calculator.

However, there is still a lot of work to be done as the project is not completed yet. That said, we still don’t know he managed to install Windows 10 IoT Core on the HP Prime Graphing Calculator. The developer is expected to share more details about the project in the coming days.

Source: You may soon be able to run Windows 10 IoT Core on a Calculator  (MSPoweruser)

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be a two edged sword.  Now I have to worry about my calculator getting a virus and calculating a wrong answer!

4 hours ago, flash48 said:

This could be a two edged sword.  Now I have to worry about my calculator getting a virus and calculating a wrong answer!

Windows getting virus is a myth for those of us using latest Win 10 version. the latest versions have a robust Windows defender security program.

you can even see in the comparison charts that Windows defender always gets 100% score.

Been using only Windows defender on so many machines in the past few years, all clean.

9 minutes ago, Sylence said:

Windows getting virus is a myth for those of us using latest Win 10 version. the latest versions have a robust Windows defender security program.

you can even see in the comparison charts that Windows defender always gets 100% score.

Been using only Windows defender on so many machines in the past few years, all clean.

Any kind of questioning or test will always result in exactly what the test organizers need. But that is true, anyone can't get any virus even if they really want to get. Don't forget, malware programs and scripts aren't viruses and from such things protects only this, what located between two ears.

7 hours ago, halvgris said:

finally what linux has done in 30 years

microsoft took 30 to master.

Well to be honest, Linux hasn't still been able to win the ball in the desktop market given that they have had 30 years and the power of the so called "open source".

Archived