Chrome Prompting to open Deluge

sscsr1

I did a clean install of windows 10 and all my software a few weeks back and all went well. The only thing that it working differently is chrome. I have the latest version. Every time I click to download a torrent chrome prompts me with a drop down window  asking to " open deluge BitTorrent Client" . This only happens in chrome and only on magnet links. Has anyone else had this experience and did you find a fix? 

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try to download and install torrent client that suit your needs, that will re-associate default program for torrent files and magnet links.

5 hours ago, sscsr1 said:

Every time I click to download a torrent chrome prompts me with a drop down window  asking to " open deluge BitTorrent Client" . This only happens in chrome and only on magnet links.

What happens in other browsers?

4 hours ago, sky19 said:

Try to download and install torrent client that suit your needs, that will re-associate default program for torrent files and magnet links.

I have done that and even used the associate magnet links option in deluge but it still happens. So weird. Can't find much on google about it either.

2 hours ago, TrojanK said:

What happens in other browsers?

I also use Firefox and everything works normally ( no prompts) just opens torrent in client.

@sscsr1

You can open torrent links using torrent download programs or a standard web browser if you have the appropriate extension installed.
When Chrome opens on your computer, it means one of the following three

1.  you don't know how torrent links are used and what is a magneticlink
  2.  Your browser user profile is damaged
  3.  your default browser is set to Google Chrome and you simply click on the magnetic link (magnetlinks are not used by this method, they are not normal web browser links)

If You really think, You must install some of Deluge extension, go here
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/deluge
PS! I don't recommend to install any of them.

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

If You really think, You must install some of Deluge extension, go here
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/deluge
PS! I don't recommend to install any of them.

Thanks for the links. I will keep that as an option if this really starts to bug me and the problem continues.

56 minutes ago, TrojanK said:

That is exactly what is happening. Thank you for the links. I have been reading them but I am afraid that it's a little over my head. But I will keep plugging away at it.

Archived