Jump to content
sscsr1

Chrome Prompting to open Deluge

Recommended Posts

sscsr1

I did a clean install of windows 10 and all my software a few weeks back and all went well. The only thing that it working differently is chrome. I have the latest version. Every time I click to download a torrent chrome prompts me with a drop down window  asking to " open deluge BitTorrent Client" . This only happens in chrome and only on magnet links. Has anyone else had this experience and did you find a fix? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sky19

Try to download and install torrent client that suit your needs, that will re-associate default program for torrent files and magnet links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrojanK
5 hours ago, sscsr1 said:

Every time I click to download a torrent chrome prompts me with a drop down window  asking to " open deluge BitTorrent Client" . This only happens in chrome and only on magnet links.

What happens in other browsers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sscsr1
4 hours ago, sky19 said:

Try to download and install torrent client that suit your needs, that will re-associate default program for torrent files and magnet links.

I have done that and even used the associate magnet links option in deluge but it still happens. So weird. Can't find much on google about it either.

 

2 hours ago, TrojanK said:

What happens in other browsers?

I also use Firefox and everything works normally ( no prompts) just opens torrent in client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalju

@sscsr1

You can open torrent links using torrent download programs or a standard web browser if you have the appropriate extension installed.
When Chrome opens on your computer, it means one of the following three

  1.  you don't know how torrent links are used and what is a magneticlink
  2.  Your browser user profile is damaged
  3.  your default browser is set to Google Chrome and you simply click on the magnetic link (magnetlinks are not used by this method, they are not normal web browser links)

If You really think, You must install some of Deluge extension, go here
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/deluge
PS! I don't recommend to install any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrojanK
9 hours ago, sscsr1 said:

Has anyone else had this experience

Yes.

 

9 hours ago, sscsr1 said:

chrome. I have the latest version.

1 hour ago, sscsr1 said:

I also use Firefox and everything works normally ( no prompts) just opens torrent in client.

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/14194567

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sscsr1
1 hour ago, Kalju said:

If You really think, You must install some of Deluge extension, go here
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/deluge
PS! I don't recommend to install any of them.

Thanks for the links. I will keep that as an option if this really starts to bug me and the problem continues.

 

56 minutes ago, TrojanK said:

That is exactly what is happening. Thank you for the links. I have been reading them but I am afraid that it's a little over my head. But I will keep plugging away at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...